Spent 5 days here. We were in the new wing and were warned upfront that there was going to be a wedding on one day and our room was overlooking the canopy where the wedding was held. It turned out the wedding was not an issue, the noise was acceptable most of the late afternoon through to the night and they stopped around 10.30pm.
1. Lovely newish modern building and garden. Very well laid out and clean.
2. Lovely pool area, nice, cool and very laid back and we had no problems getting deckchairs as the pool area was never crowded. Sufficient umbrella covers and also sun as required.
3. Room was spacious, bathroom was modern; looked like the "new wing" was built or renovated quite recently. Really can't fault this, it was a very good acceptable standard.
4. The night market was literally outside the hotel gate
5. Low noise level generally in the room and around the hotel, once a loud noise like that of a jackhammer was heard from our room around 9 at night for about 20 mins but that soon stopped
6. Good gym with good facilites.
7. Free Wifi in room
1. Alarm went off in the afternoon 2 days in a row and and it penetrated our room with very loud high pitched screeching noise, I rang the reception and housekeeping and asked if it was a test or if we had to evacuate the building and the answers given were "they were doing a trial run" to "We will get back to you". Confusion reigned for a while and communication to guests not forthcoming.
2. lots of flies in the dining room where we had breakfast and lunch. The flies were determined to get to your food. This was truely a downside to staying here
3. Service generally were laid back and especially at the pool area, noone came to ask if you wanted a drink and when you ordered one from one of the passing waiting staff you had to wait a long long time before drinks came.
4. Breakfast area was spacious and open but breakfast is very average, could do with some improvement here
Food: Breakfast was included in our rates but have to rate this very very average. We had cheap nice dinners (hawker type food) at the Long Beach Hawker, a guesstimate, about 500m from the hotel.
Conclusion: Pluses overwhelmed the minuses here and this is a very good hotel in BFarea. Will definitely stay at this hotel if we visit Penang again. The flies are a bit of a put off if not for this I will say this is an excellent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in an idyllic spot along Penang's coastline, Lone Pine is Batu Ferringhi's only luxury boutique hotel. Renewed and rejuvenated after a lovingly undertaken restoration, Penang's favourite beachside boutique resort reopened its doors refreshed in design and facilities, but still infused with the same colonial spirit and idyllic charm that has made it one of Penang's legendary hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lone Pine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Pine Batu Ferringhi
- Hotel Lone Pine
- Lone Pine Hotel Penang/Batu Ferringhi