“Great company with VERY reasonable rates”
Review of Ocean Jupiter

Ocean Jupiter
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Batu Ferringhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide Tours & Transfers with driver services...etc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great company with VERY reasonable rates”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We used Ocean Jupiter for a trip to Orang Utan Island / Eco Park & for a day trip to the highlights of the island. The cost for each of the trips was about 1/3 of that being quoted by the tour operator at Hard Rock Hotel. The service, punctuality & quality of the cars used was great on both occasions & the office staff are also very friendly, helpful & not at all pushy (which is refreshing). The standoujt for our family of 3 was meeting Michael Fong, our guide for the highlights of the island, & we highly recommend that you request him if you book a tour with Ocean Jupiter. Michael is Chinese Malay & he is absolutely hysterical! His knowledge of the island & its history is endless, he introduced us to some amazing local cuisine & he was actually a 'tour guide' & not just a driver who dropped us off at different locations & left us to our own devices. Michael is one of those people that you meet & within a short while feel as though you've known for years. So, definitely visit Ocean Jupiter & if you want to see & learn about the REAL Penang while being thoroughly entertained then ask for MICHAEL FONG!!

Visited April 2013

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Reliable transport service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had two taxi services from them. One was a 4 hr drive to a couple of places and the driver was fairly flexible. We used the same guy for the airport transfer as well.
Very punctual.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank luke_speedos
ojtours, Manager at Ocean Jupiter, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear luke_speedos

Thank you for using our services & your commend.
Regarding to the issue during your 4 hrs tour, I would be appreciated if you could email or PM me with your commend/recommendation; so that we can improve our services.

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gastronomy and cultural tour by Michael”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Michael did a great job showing my husband and I around around Penang island on Sunday 31st March. Considering our shortened day due to airport issues, Michael was able to adjust our tour itinerary to satisfy our food nerd desires and site seeing interests. In the short time we managed to eat our way through some of Penang's hawker specialties (ais kacang, assam laksa, cendol nasi kandar...etc), do a round island trip, as well as learn and take in the history and culture of this unique and delicious city. Michael was great in explaining each attraction and taking photos for us. He seemed to know everyone around town.

Steven was great with emails and was happy to extend/change my tour times due to the airport issues.

We would highly recommend this tour and Michael.

Our only regret was not being able to do a longer tour with Michael as there were many more local delights we wanted to savour. On that note, we hope to be back!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank maria h
ojtours, Manager at Ocean Jupiter, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Maria H,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your commend on TA. Hope to see you again & I will let Michael to bring you to the places that you haven't been.

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'd say that, excellent service provided by Ocean jupiter Tours.
I got quick reply when I emailed Mr.Steven to inquiry about the price and type of vehicles.
It was a 4 days 3 nights trip for me and my family, of course we need a comfortable and spacious van for our trip.
Mr.Steven provides us a Toyata Hiace Van, it was a very clean and comfortable Van for 6 of us.
At first, we expected only a driver, but in the end the driver became our tour guide as well. The driver Mr.Lit is a very helpful and responsible guy, very talkative and introduced a lot of nice food in Penang. My family and I were very satisfied with the service of the driver.
I had a very wonderful trip with my family in Penang and definitely will use Ocean Jupiter Tours for my next visit to Penang.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Chai2013
ojtours, Manager at Ocean Jupiter, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
chai2013,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your commend on TA. Looking forward to meet you again when you come to Penang again.

Seattle
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Everything I asked for”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This review is a year late but here goes. We were a party of 5 coming that flew in separately on the same day. Our driver whom I arranged through Ocean Jupiter waited graciously as one of the flight was delayed for more than an hour. The van was comfortable with airconditioning which is a must for the tropical heat. We had different drivers for each of our next 3 days of sightseeing and trip back to the airport. They took us to where we wanted to go and also went the extra mile to show us other parts of Penang which we would have miss. They also took us to good local restaurants and dessert stalls and shops which we really appreciated. All in all, the price and service was very good and I will definitely be using Ocean Jupiter next time I am in Penang.

Visited April 2012