“We just love this place !”

Bayview Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have a lot of reasons for coming back to the Bayview., its got everything that makes us feel that we really are on holiday. The hotel is very clean the rooms are spacious and have a nice retro feel, and not like other clinical style rooms that we have experienced. We have never had any complaints but I know that if there is a problem its dealt with immediately because the staff are constantly asking us if all is O.K.
We always choose a side seaview room and just sitting on the lovely balcony sipping a wine and watching the stupendous sunsets is truely romantic. There is also good facilities for computer use.
The food in the Hotel restaurants is very good, and the breakfast is really over the top for taste and choices.
They have a lovely pool and also childrens pool and playground. There is a new childrens play area with swings , slides etc.
I would give a lot to be lying on my beach lounge under the cabana, snoozing or reading right now.!! We feel that this hotel has everything that we need for a great relaxer.
When we need a change its just next door to Hard Rock to enjoy a bit of music. Then there is a lot of big and small restaurants a short walk away, and then on to the Night Markets which the hotel can drop us off and pick us up.
If you want to do the tourist bit there is heaps to do, in fact too many to mention.
So go, relax and enjoy................

Room Tip: SIde deaview is my fvourite
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
BayviewBeachResortPg, Edwin Yap, Area General Manager at Bayview Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Fran038,

I am delighted that you liked our style, deco, beautiful sunset view from our balcony, dining in our various restaurants and relaxing by our huge pool in our landscaped garden which makes you one of our many faithful & contented returnee. Thank you. Indeed, I am certain my team will rectify any problem or inadequacies that have occurred over the experience of our product or services brought up whilst the guest are still staying with us.

We thank you for your excellent 5/5 rating and for enjoying what we have to offer! We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just coming back from gigs in London and always make a stop in Asia to chill out on my way back to Aus.
Thought i'd try Penang this time ..

Difficult choice with hotels: Hard Rock, Golden Sands or Bayview Beach Resort?
Took a punt at the Bayview Beach Resort because I liked the location and also next to Hard Rock Cafe without having to stay there!!!
And boy did I kick a goal!!! If only my punts were this accurate at the casino!!

I chose a side seaview room, overlooking the garden and the pool.
The view from the balcony was incredible. Great sunsets and a great place to sit back and relax before a night out.

Hate hotel beds because I can never get a decent night's sleep but I slept that well that I almost didn't wake up for breakfast which by the way showcased the most fresh fruit I've had in a while (Why is it that you can never find really good fresh fruit generally available in London?)
There was also a great selection of breakfast options.

Staff everywhere were very accomodating and couldn't do enough for me.
Love the gym and the pool area and had great time unwinding there with a few drinks (and a few shots!!!)
Foot and full body massages were also had and are highly recommended!

The hotel provides a bus at 7.30pm every night to the night market if you want to have a bit of a wander and try and come home with a bargain!

All in all, a great choice and a great stay!

Thankyou Bayview,

I'll be back again in January!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
BayviewBeachResortPg, Edwin Yap, Area General Manager at Bayview Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear PianoMan G,

Thank you for choosing the Bayview Beach Resort for your chill out in sunny Penang.

We are delighted that you liked our newly renovated Deluxe rooms with its comfortable bed that gave you a restful sleep. Luckily you did not miss breakfast and enjoyed our large range of options, particularly the fresh fruits.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff who had all served you well throughout your stay with us. Undoubtedly our staff is our biggest asset and with our friendly and strong team working either at the back or the front of the Resort, THEY make the positive difference we offered our guests. I am so glad they have made your stay that much more pleasant.

We look forward to seeing you in January for another great stay with us.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just back from our second stay at this hotel and the Bayview did not dissapoint once again.

Great location, great ambience , great amenities , great staff and great value.......it doesn't get much better than that !!!

The hotel has a very easy going and relaxed 70's Retro feel with spacious rooms decorated in a similar style....just love that look !!!
Our Side Seaview room was lovely and clean with all amenities supplied and working.
It was very hot while we were there and the air conditioning was quietly effiecient without that "chilled to the bone" feel that you get in some hotels.

Staff were once again relaxed and friendly and couldn't be more accommodating, and some even remembered us from last time which is always nice.

After a delightful breakfast we spent most days lazing around the sparkling pool area and under the cabanas in the extensive gardens.We also enjoyed the full body massages from Ali and Fatima at the massage hut which is located next to the water sports area.,.....60 ringits...about 20 Aussie for an hour...what a bargain !!!!

Congratulations to management and staff and thank you all for another delightful stay.

Highly recommended !!!!

1  Thank Nicholas K

Dear Nicholas K,

Indeed we are very different in style & look from the modern day hotel and we do try to maintain our retro feel as part of the hotel’s concept. Emphasis is always placed on the substance of our caring & efficient service which is what we are well known for.

I am so glad that you enjoyed some many aspects of our Resort and definitely the traditional massage provided by the husband and wife team (Sazali and Fatima) who came from a family of traditional masseurs with techniques handed down generation to generation is both popular & health enhancing.

We thank you for your returning patronage and your ready recommendation of Bayview Beach to others and we look forward to welcoming you back again, soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is located at the furthest end of the strip and that is the main reason we picked it hoping that it would be quieter. Unfortunately we only got one night of good sleep and that was because it was pouring with rain. The rooms at the back are subject to a lot of road noise and there is also a bar across the road that plays music and has some person screeching/singing till the early hours of the morning. It takes about 15 mins to walk to the main area which suited us but might not be ideal for all, the pavement is not very good.

Our room see the photos was basic but suited our needs it was large and bright. Tea and coffee was provided along with two small bottles of water daily. We also had a daily paper delivered each day. The toiletries they provide are shampoo, shower gel and soap. The TV service was very limited, but who comes on holiday to watch TV!
Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices, fresh fruit, a selection of breads and cereals, cold meats, cheese and salad. There was also the egg bar, all cooked to order, I enjoyed the omelettes with hash browns and chicken or beef sausages. My wife loved the noodles, you could even have a mutton curry for breakfast. The orange juice was good and the fresh coffee machine was excellent.

There are a couple of pools here, one has a swim up bar and the other two are for kids. The swim up bar was deserted, I guess the hotel prices had something to do with that. There is also a bar area on the grass area, which again was empty. Even at happy hour it was lacking customers. At happy hour they only offer a 30% discount which means it is still far cheaper to leave the hotel. I think this hotel is missing a trick, reduce you prices and people will use the bars and restaurants more.

This hotel does have excellent facilities for children, a small water play area and another small pool. There is also a games room, pool tables, ping pong tables and the hotel does have a fence restricting access to the beach. The beach is clean and there is an area with a stinger net.

There is also a gym which is open from 7 in the morning. If you need a taxi walk across the road, 70RM to the airport.

Outside the hotel is a rapid bus stop and it only costs 2.70RM to get to Georgetown. There are many options available from here, a short walk will take you to Chew Jetty, well worth a look. There is also a hop on hop off free bus service available which stops at all the local attractions. We chose to catch a bus to Penang Hill for 2.00RM To go up to the top it will then cost 30.00RM return trip for an adult. Good views at the top and a restaurant if you want to have a snack or meal. It is then a short walk 20 mins, slow pace if you want to go to Kek Lok Si, Buddhist temple. The bus service is frequent and very good and you will no doubt encounter a local willing to share their knowledge with you.

This hotel really needs a bit of an update and after our terrible start see my wife's review about the damp rooms, I don't feel that I could recommend this hotel to any of my friends. However it is good for kids and if you get a room not facing the back of the hotel you may have a better experience. I also note that this hotel chose not to post a reply to my wife's comment until we left and the dampness in the rooms cannot be due to the hotel set up. We are now in a hotel situated in lush gardens on the ground floor, it rained all last night and the room does not smell at all!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jerry R,

Thank you for your positive endorsement of our room (although you found it basic and sorry could not see any photos posted?), amenities, swimming pools, facilities and widespread breakfast. We will convey the uneven pavement to the attention of our Local Council to make it safe for all to walk on. Reading from your post, I take it that your wife had posted her dissatisfaction under Becwells on the 7 Oct which we replied on the 8 Oct simply because we have to investigate the room before we reply. We apologise once again for the inconvenience caused on having to move you to another deluxe side seaview room.

Regrettably (as mentioned in our previous posts), we are unable to compete with the illegal and unlicensed operators with no compliance costs selling at cheaper prices on the streets. However, the Hotel provide a convenient and hygienic place to have your food and drinks with Happy Hours offers at certain times in the various outlets to mitigate our higher cost of operation and giving our guests a cheaper option.

I am delighted and thank you for a fair review as you have given a balanced report of our Resort and although there is always room for improvement, we sincerely welcome constructive feedback as we always do what we can to ensure all guests who may have any issue with us to give us a chance to make it right. However, please do not bulldoze us as that is nasty and simply uncalled for.

I do really appreciate your fair comments and we hope our response and attitude towards service excellence may restore your confidence in using us or recommend us to others. I hope we will be given another opportunity to serve you and your wife better; if not we all wish you both well and happy travelling. With best wishes and kind regards.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hotel is the last along Batu Ferringgi , hence beach is clean & exclusive without public beach boys. Great location for food & night market. Hard Rock Cafe is just next door. Bed is huge & comfortable. Toilet is separated from shower & basin. Convenient!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear witzileong,

We had mentioned in our past posting our convenient location near eco-place of interest can be a boon such as a 5 minute bus ride to the Spice Garden, Butterfly farm, Escape natural forest theme park, Penang National Park etc. I am so glad you have enjoyed our huge beds which are definitely building a fanciful reputation for with the positive reviews of many satisfied guests and they have accommodated you well.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we look forward to your return should your travels bring you up north in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? Thoroughly disappointed and as a result are only staying the required one night (as we have to pay for it anyway)

Arrive to the hotel, walk into the lobby and I feel as though I've stepped back in time to the year of my birth!

Payed an upgrade charge for a "sea view" (which is mostly neighbouring Hard Rock Cafe roof view).

Walk into our suite to be greeted by a foul stench of mildew! The carpets are original from the 80's and hold many memories I'm sure!

The decor is sooooo old, I feel as though I'm in my grandparents spare room, which would have been much more accommodating mind you!

The toilet is leaking, the balcony is filthy and we have lovely plastic school chairs. The upholstery on the chairs is filthy and the carpets are mottled brown.

The room is sticky with damp! The walls in the bathroom have multiple stains and hairs stuck to them.

The internet keeps dropping out! In fact, I'm concerned that I won't be able to post this review in light of this!

For the $130aud we would be paying for this, I've decided to check out tomorrow and head to the gold sands resort down the road which looks amazing!

The staff were difficult when I told them we'd be checking out tomorrow - understandably, but too bad! I want some luxury in this amazing beach town!!!! This hotel should be knocked down!!!

The only thing it has going for it is the beach access which im sure they all do along this strip. Adios Bayview! May we never meet again.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Becwells
BayviewBeachResortPg, Edwin Yap, Area General Manager at Bayview Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Becwells,

Well, the internet works fine as your irate report was posted immediately. I am as disappointed as you are that your expectation of a swanky modern resort was not what we are; so indeed I am sorry that the resort and room did not meet up to such expectations. We did inspect the first room (it was not a suite as you had posted!) that you were given before you were moved to another deluxe side seaview room and we realized that the air-conditioning was switched OFF inadvertently that made the room to condense and sweat due to current hot weather and the initial cool room temperature which was set by housekeeping before you checked in. We do apologize for the scratched bathroom wall which looked like hair and also for the leaking flush lever.

Unfortunately these were side issues that were not make known to us when we called to verify your early departure intention which you simply just said you were not happy and wanted to cancel your booking. We would also like to state that the room furniture and the carpet that you complained about in the deluxe room were newly installed just last year and regrettably the style and colour choice did not meet with your approval.

It is a pity our style of Resort did not meet your expectations but we are grateful that we have many more guests who will differ from your opinion (please see TA posting just before yours from Michael C; who thought we are Paradise) and really there is no need to be so hasty and mean in wanting to bulldoze and demolish us just because you find us “sooooo old” when there are many others who had enjoyed and loved our hotel. We do hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay in Penang and farewell.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel seven or eight times and have never been disappointed. All the staff are extraordinarily polite and friendly. We usually have a side sea view room. These are very roomy and have all the amenities that one can wish for, including a separate shower room and bathroom. We invariably enjoy a drink on the balcony, prior to going to dinner, and are usually rewarded with the beautiful sunset over the sea.
The garden, equipped with cabana's and sun loungers is like an oasis within the complex. It is very peaceful even though the swimming pool is quite adjacent. One does have the option of the pool, garden or beach which again is only a few steps away. Plus, of course there are facilities for playing tennis, football, basketball and table tennis.
Regarding food, I think the buffet breakfast is admirable with plenty of choice for Asians and Europeans alike. For other meals there are three or four places within the hotel which serve good food although generally the prices are somewhat higher than the restaurants in Batu Ferringhi village, which is a ten minute walk away. The other downside of dining in the hotel is the lack of fellow guests and hence a lack of atmosphere.
The village itself is good for eating, money changing and visiting the night market, a great place to purchase genuine fakes! There are also a few small convenience stores, tailors and travel agents. The worst feature of the village are the pavements, which are dangerous and generally dreadful.
Bus services into Georgetown are frequent and cheap, from the bus stop just a stones throw from the hotel. Taxis are plentiful and reasonably priced.
We are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask at reception
2  Thank Michael C

Dear Michael C,

Thank you for being our loyal guests over the past years enjoying each and every stay with us. I am delighted that the private balcony of our spacious room presented you such pleasurable moments during sunsets and relaxing by the pool in our landscaped garden oasis. Indeed, I am so glad our team and facilities have served you well yet again to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. Undoubtedly, our friendly, caring and efficient team is our biggest asset as they definitely will make the difference to make our Resort a “Paradise”! We are very happy that we have so many guests who can appreciate the substance rather than the style of our Resort. Hence, your positive endorsement of an excellent 5/5 rating of your recent here is very much appreciated

Thanks for highlighting the uneven pavements to the “village” which we will pass on your report for our Local Council to rectify that will keep Batu Ferringhi a safer place.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to your second ‘home’ for another enjoyable holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Batu Ferringhi
#2 of 6 in Tanjung Bungah
Lone Pine Hotel
Lone Pine Hotel
#6 of 10 in Batu Ferringhi

Been to Bayview Beach Resort? Share your experiences!