I flew in from Singapore via malaysian airlines on Sun morning. Stayed at Parkroyal Penang over the Deepavali holidays. Fantastic hotel with clean, big room and toilet. I stayed at the delux partial ocean view room but nevertheless, the view of the beach was already beautiful! We caught some fireworks set off by the locals living around the area at night on Deepavli day itself. The toilet was complimented with spa facilities and bottled mineral water was provided daily, together with complimentary daily newspapers. The pool was clean and fantastic! Families with children would love the pool slides.
The beach was just beside the hotel so very convenient for sports activities. Did parasailing and the view was superb! Staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a spa appointment after breakfast on our day of check out and the staff allowed us extended our stay until 3pm for free. St Gregory spa there was absolutely superb! The therapist were skillful while the packages were reasonably priced. The view from the spa rooms were excellent as well, beach or garden facing.
The breakfast is fantastic! Lots to offer from western to asian food, salad, fruits and best of all, FRESH fruit juice that were made on the spot! The amount of food available would leave you too full for lunch! The cool bananas bar offers free cold water for hotel guests who are relaxing around the pool and beach. Our 3 nights pacakage entitled us to a free full 3 course Western Dinner at Tiffins.
My friends and I were so happy with our stay there that we would definitely return to parkroyal penang next yr! Anyway penang is only 1 hr away via plane from Singapore. The holiday inn hotel just nest door of comparable rates pale in comparison as well. No point paying double for shangrila because it's just next door as well and the facilities are much more expensive though not necessary as good, esp the spa.
fyi: Do check out the hotel website for packages that are usually not available through external website bookings! That's what the hotel staff advised us to do as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi