I have been coming to PARKROYAL Resort Penang with my family almost 3-4 times a year. I must say, they are the best suitable resort for family + couples + meeting incentives.
My two boys had an amazing time spending most of their time at the resort's swimming and kids club. I can even entrust the resort to look after them at the kids club while I can have some privacy with my wife going for our food hunt in Penang.
They have got many room categories, but since I am only staying for two nights I've chosen to stay at their Deluxe Seaview room which come with a nice balcony overlooking the sea (3rd floor). Try to avoid the Hillview room, because you will get the noise from the street and mosque.
PARKROYAL is a beach front resort, however, in general the beach belongs to the public. Hence, beware of jet-ski and boat if you are planning to swim at the sea. But don't worry, they have a safe area cordial off for you to swim. Because the island is kind of populated and also along the Straits of Malacca, the sea water is not really the clear type but clean sandy beach.
Breakfast was interesting, but could always be better. It tend to get pretty messy when they are running busy waiting for their guest services to escort you to an empty table, so, get up early to avoid the heavy traffic between 9am to 10am. If you book without breakfast, you probably can walk to the nearest mamak (local bistro) right side from the entrance about 2 minutes walk.
In terms of location, it is situated along the busy stretch of Batu Ferringhi, next to Holiday Inn Resort. Across the road there is a sundry shop where you can get some potato chips, beer and ...etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi