“Absolutely fantastic”

PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Recently holidayed in Penang staying at the Park Royal. We travelled in a group of 2 families - 4 adults and 3 young children. We stayed in 2 connecting rooms for 3 people and there was plenty of space and room. Our friends were upgraded to a suite and once again, plenty of room for 4.

The pools particularly the kids pool was brilliant. The slides are strong enough even for adults to have a ride and a laugh. The Kids Club and its staff were brilliant and my little one is still talking about it. The Kids menu pool side and in the Kids Club was perfect. I would suggest to the Park Royal though (forgot to do it while I was there) to make the kids menu available for room service.

Food ordered in the grounds was perfect (that was my one let down last year when we stayed). Breakfast was good and always a lot of choice.

Location is fantastic. WIFI available. Good showers when needing freshing up.

Room Tip: Ocean view of some sort.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Jacqstar_11,
I am so pleased and so Happy that you and your family had such a great time with us at PARKROYAL Penang Resort and also great to read you enjoyed our famous food quality and PARKROYAL portioning 
Thank you so much for sharing with us and once again I am so pleased with my Crew that we made it right for you.
We all look forward to welcome you back in Penang, in mean time have a fantastic time ahead.

Francois

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia

Reviewed October 31, 2013

There are no words that can describe my gratefulness towards all the Park Royal staffs who helped me through my entire wedding. My wife and I just got married 2 weeks ago and everyhing went smoothly thanks to the perfect coordinations of all the staffs even though they involve a lot of various departments. From sales to event, setup crews to chefs, they were flawless.

Food served was definitely on the up size. All our guests gave very positive feedbacks on the food served. Most of them told us that was the best hotel reception we've had so far as compared to other hotels. Guests from various countries did not give anything less than positive feedbacks when it comes to food.

Environment, there's no need to say much. As the pictures showed, wonderful environment, soothing, nice sea view. Had my ceremony at the lovely garden, a lifetime worth of moment to remember!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear CKSeng,
First of all we are so pleased that we made your special day a real special with great memories. I am glad that we achieved our aim and would like to take this opportunity to wish you a long and happy life together with many happiness along the way.
You can be assured that your generous comments will be share with the whole team and will be a great encouragement to perform even higher standards for all our guests.
Thank you so , so much for sharing your positive feedbacks, really greatly appreciated!
We all look forward to welcome you back in PARKROYAL Penang Resort to celebrate many happy anniversary!
Have a wonderful life ahead.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Once again the Parkroyal lived up to our expectations. The hotel is in a great location and the staff are the best. We recently stayed for 10 days and our stay in the grand deluxe room was excellent. Our room was on Level 5 and our view of the ocean was magnificent. The weather wasn't the greatest during our stay but when the sun did shine, the pool area is spacious and the grounds are immaculate. The hotel was very busy when we arrived due to public holidays but there was plenty of space around the pool and grounds to accommodate everyone.

The staff at the Sunset Bar were some of our favourite... a big thanks to Salmi and a new trainee Amanam ( hope I have the spelling correct) who served us with big smiles all the time.

We were travelling with a number of friends and family and the staff at the travel desk were always helpful with getting us a large taxi for our trips. Ask for Geeva, he was an exceptional driver....very informative and helpful.

The staff employed here are a credit to the General Manager and made our holiday memorable. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Room 551 was very large with the biggest king size bed I have ever seen and a large single as well...

Dear Leanne4662,
Whaaaooo THANK YOUUUUUUUUU! Your very kind and generous comments will be share with everyone and I can already imagine the smile and sense of happiness in everyone. It is honestly so good to know we are doing well and we do know very well it is expected to provide great service and guests comfort but been reminded we are doing it well really motivate all of us including me first to try harder. As the say “the critic is easy the art is difficult” it is why happy guests feedbacks are so welcome to boost our moral and intention to serve better. THANK YOU THANK YOU & THANK YOU!
We all look forward to welcome you back and assure you another memorable time at PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
Have a fantastic and awesome time ahead.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

On our third visit to the Park Royal, we found that the standards of service and care have been retained. It was a pleasure to come back and we were greeted by many members of staff as "old friends". Nothing was too much trouble and help was always at hand without being obsequious. It was a perfect place for us to spend our 40th Wedding Anniversary which we will remember for many years. In fact, we are already planning future visits.

Room Tip: Sea facing suites are excellent for safe and comfort
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Raymond R,

How can I say it? THANK YOU! Coming from a returnee, your kind comments are so welcome and so much appreciated as at time we really feel so down with some comments. We know it is not always easy to please everyone but we do try and it is real nice to see that our guests appreciate it and even as returnee it has so much more weight and it is a proof that we may be doing something right for you to return.
You give us wings to work harder. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEART from all of us at PARKROYAL Penang Resort!
Have an outstanding and wonderful day.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

its our second time at this hotel, 1st time was great . but I was a bit shocked by some of the reviews I have seen on this hotel . we are just back from our second trip to Batu Ferringhi Penang, again we stayed at this hotel the Park Royal, the staff cant be faulted, very helpful , the food was very good .

the hotel is right were we wanted to be , 2 minits walk to the great food halls . bus stop outside the hotel, so were ever you wanted to go the bus was only a 50 yard walk .

so if & when we go back to Penang we will stay at the Park Royal again , forgot to say we also stayed at the Park Royal in KL that also was very good .

Room Tip: as long as its under a roof youl be ok , I look at it as a place were you sleep .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear bikerlad707,

THANK YOU , THANK YOU & THANK YOU!
Really at time we are not sure, any more. We do try our best to please everyone, it is not an easy task but we keep trying and time we feel very much demoralised but with such feedbacks we are getting back our motivation and willingness to try harder!
THANK YOU SO,SO MUCH for giving us back some hope and aspiration to succeed to serve all our guests better and create for all of them memorable hotel experiences.
We all, at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, look forward to welcome you back in a near future and wish you in meantime a fantastic and awesome time ahead.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good location. Tired property needing upgrade. Lovely room but nothing worked. Air conditioner leaked water over the floor, telephone didn't work, remote control on TV was faulty.
They moved us to another room which was bigger and everything worked very well.
Breakfast was included in our rate and was very good.
Eating generally in the hotel was expensive. The lobby is depressing and needs an upgrade.
The outdoor areas around the pool were in need of care.
Just looked tired.
Won't go again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing ocean are best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear DarlingfromStirling ,

Thank you for your feedback and regret that your experience was not up to your expectation and regret not to have met you personally and review with you how we could have made your stay even more enjoyable.
I am pleased to inform you that we intend to renovate our lobby as well as other hotel facilities which are presently under study with all parties concerned.

If I may share with you, yes I do agree in some ways, we may be slightly more expensive than an outside “restaurant” along the beach and surely more, if we compare to any hawker stalls. We need to keep in mind the following, which is not always part of those outlets’ offers and I am sure I can speak on behalf of all hotels and “regulated” restaurants.
Hotels and registered restaurants (the latter being very limited at the beach side) have to follow strict regulations including: licensing, permits, safety requirements and licensing, health and hygiene requirements and various frequent controls. In addition, all our Associates are paid according to local regulations and generally, I can assure you, it is much better, with proper health, social and retirement benefits. Our service equipment used are of higher grade than what is offered on the streets, for example we provide proper cotton napkins and not toilet paper, the food portioning and the quality of food offered is also to be taken in consideration. Also in hotel’s outlets, you drink and eat using proper clean glassware and chinaware, no plastic plates (unless around the pool for safety), in a hygienic environment with clean facilities including proper toilets. Outside toilets are very often, very questionable and the list could go on. All this adds on to the price, very regrettably, but that is also the price for comfort and safety. These reasons are mainly why we can’t achieve the lower pricing offered by many outlets outside which don’t have the heavy financial burden in following all regulations that, we, hotels, have to follow to operate.
However we are reviewing the overall offering and portioning to ensure we can please more guests at a more affordable cost.

Thank you for your constructive criticism which enable us to constantly improve ourselves.
Have a lovely day.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is very bad, starting from the receiption: the lady didn't tell me the location of the breakfast, my booking was with breakfast so she didn't even told where is it. My room was double king size bed as I was in my honeymoon, I went to the room and found 2 single bed was attached to each other to be as a king. So the bed was playing and giving vey bad sound. The bed area should be with carpet to avoid noise not with parquet, the dust was everywhere, bery bad smell, there was no output power supply next to the bed, even the side table was far away because the attached 2 beds since the room was for single bed. The bathroom was nightmare when you use the basin you will afraid from the noise of the sewer. The smell of the bath was very bad. The condition between rooms was bad due to bad smell. My booking was for 2 nights and when I check IN direct I asked for 1 night and not even single person ask why you want to leave. So I don't think so that I will think about it next time

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear jehad997,
Thank you very much for sharing with us and regret that your experiences with us was not up to your expectation. I sincerely regret that you did not approached us while at the Resort to assist you to have a more pleasant and enjoyable time with us. I cant repeat enough that it is real important for you to provide your feedback while at the Resort to enable to correct immediately what we can or explain to you the issue to assure a better understanding and mainly to assure you have great and positive memories from your stay with us and Penang.
Next time you plan to visit Penang,please do contact me personally and will ensure you have a more enjoyable stay and surely to prove to you those incident were accidents and not the usual standard of the Resort.
I wish you a wonderful day

Also consider these accommodations in or near Batu Ferringhi
#6 of 11 in Batu Ferringhi
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
#11 of 85 in George Town

Been to PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia? Share your experiences!