My wife and I stayed here as one of our stops on our honeymoon. First impressions were good. We can not fault the hotel layout, cleanliness and rooms at all. However, when we checked in my wife went to the toilet. A very sorry looking single rose was placed on the reception desk for her. We had paid for the "My Time" package. There was NO welcome drink. We were shown our room and the suitcases were brought to us. Very nice and modern room. As part of the "My Time" package we were suppose to receive a fruit basket and local snacks and drinks. These were not in the room. In the evening I went to watch the football in the bar area. I was offered another drink and as the bar staff brought my drink I was TOLD I was being given my bill. I was given my bill, I signed for the two drinks I had consumed, then left. For a beer that costs almost £6 I would like to enjoy it!
The pool area is really nice and the bar area is great to watch the sunset. Sit there rather than the beach for fear of being decapitated by the many illegal vendors pulling sorry looking parachutes from their boats. Food is nice at the hotel and the breakfast could fill you up until dinner time.
When we checked out of hotel we were billed for the laundry service at full price, which should have been discounted with the "My Time" package. We didn't receive ANY OF THE PERKS that we had paid for. We found this to be the worst stop on our honeymoon for being treat like honeymooners. We was not given any refund which I feel we should.
Plenty to do in the area but don't stay here for a romantic break. Our biggest mistake was staying in the Shangri-La beforehand. That chain of hotels has got it right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi