We arrived on Friday, We were given our keys and a drink and that was that? Had no idea where our rooms were, Had no help with luggage. I have two small kids and an 81 year old nanna!!! Got to room and were tired so we grabbed something to eat and wanted to go to bed. Air conditioning was not working. Ugh... we did not sleep a wink.. hot hot hot.. And the noise! Francoise assured me that I would not get the noise with the room I was in. Yelling and screaming from the road and cars and scooters roaring into our rooms. The next morning I was sooo tired. I told reception who said there was no noise. Then Ana, who was very nice, understood what I was saying.. she said she could move us in the afternoon. ugh.. HATE moving rooms after unpacking our things. moved in the afternoon to an "upgraded room"um not really. it was on a smoking floor!!! ugh.. smoke everywhere even though they are not supposed to smoke in the rooms they certainly do!. Had an ok sleep as air con worked in this room, and there was no street noise thank goodness. Bed is like a plank so if you dont want to sleep on hard beds dont come here. No one has asked if we are ok.. basically they dont care. Havnt heard from any managers.. Ana suggested the Lanai room? but only for ALL of us.. 3 adults and 2 kids (not forgetting the 81 year old) um no thanks that wont work.. all of us in one room.. Went down to pool which is great for kids. Tried to order drinks.. Not a soul in sight? so walked to cafe and ordered. This is not a 4 1/2 star hotel... oh and because I was so tired I embarrassed myself by bursting into tears at reception because the last thing I wanted was to complain... nice one Park Royal.. we are staying at the Park Royal in KL so NOT looking toward that!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi