“Did i make a mistake by staying at this hotel...??”

PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My worst stay ever...on my 3rd day here at Park Royal Penang...its been very noisy since day 1...and getting worst on day 3..more honking...and drum beats...i cannot even sleep during the day...OMG...i am suppose to rest and relax..its the only time that we are suppose to rest from a hard days work..not another stress situation!!..another one day to go...so very..very..stress...on the floor on top of me (i am on 5th floor) been dragging...i dont know what...damn...i had my worst holiday here..ever..wrong choice!! still another day to go...And at this time of stay...to compare the breakfast with my park royal penang previous stay..its just not up to the standard. I always look upon park royals buffet breakfast to compare to other hotels with star around them..but...i guess...i wud just give 4/10. sorry guys..i had a lousy stay!! headache..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MummyG75
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear MummyG75,

We are sincerely very sorry about the most unusual and unfortunate discomfort caused due to the Union picketing on the street. It is very regrettably an issue which we tried to avoid the best we can and it should resolve shortly within the next few days.
I have taken very seriously your comments on our famous breakfast and will review with our Executive Chef immediately for improvement, please accept our sincere apologies.
Please do contact me personally when next you plan to visit Penang and I will personally ensure to change your perception of our property and prove to you it was only an accident and not the norm of PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
Have a real wonderful day.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have recently returned from a five week stay at the Parkroyal Penang. Our third long term stay in as many years. As in the past we couldn't fault the service. The staff are always smiling and friendly and willing to please. We booked a Deluxe Seaview Room with balcony which afforded us a magnificent view of the ocean, resort and pool. The sunsets were spectacular. Love the pool and the gardens - very relaxing.

As Black GHA members, we enjoyed a magnificent local experience dinner specially prepared by the hotel chefs. What a perfect night that was!!!!

The rooms are always spotless and we have recently be told by a very reliable source, that the renovations are proceeding at a rapid rate.

For the girls. If you enjoy a bit of pampering a visit to the hotel spa is a must. The hot stone massage was my favourite.

The vicinity of the resort to the night markets and the local restaurants is excellent should you wish to venture out at night and Georgetown is only a short taxi or bus ride away.

Over the past twenty years we have stayed at the majority of resorts at Batu Ferringhi and in our opinion the Parkroyal is the best.

We can't wait to return again in early 2014.

Lyn and John Nelson Bay Australia

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LynJohnNelsonbay

Dear LynJohnNelsonbay,
It is so nice to receive your positive feedback, greatly appreciated and very motivating to all of us here in PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
I am so glad that as a well-known traveller and regular visitor of Penang and PARKROYAL Penang Resort, you could feel so pleased with our services and greatly appreciate your kind recommendation and support over the years.
We look forward to welcome you back and in meantime wish you a fantastic day ahead.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here in March 2011 and I was amazed that the hotel manager took his time to attend to the posts here on TripAdvisor. I missed posting the review for a long time... but here it is, better late than never. We unfortunately ended up never seeing the manager on our trip (although we tried). That was ok, though. The hotel staff was very friendly, but some of them seemed a little clumsy and not very well trained. We were greeted by a generous fruit basket in the room. The breakfast buffet was rich and good quality, and the hotel lies in the center of Batu Ferringhi with good access to the main attractions. Where we unfortunately have to give the most discount is for the cleanliness. Our bathroom was smelly in a very unpleasant way, so it wasn't very inviting. Other than that, we'd rate this as an overall average experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swissbanana
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear swissabroad76,
Thank you for your posting, In July Last year I was very regrettably on holiday myself back home in Switzerland  ; I sincerely regret to learn only today, a year later, about your not so pleasant stay. I always remind all our dear clients that our aim is to ensure we create memorable hotel experiences and if I time we fail PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don’t wait to tell us when you are back home as nothing much we can do to assure we achieve to make your stay memorable. However with much delay I personally take responsibility and apologise most sincerely for any discomfort caused.
I am pleased to let you know since you came last year, we have changed, all our beddings and TV, all our room flooring to wooden type flooring as well as our corridor carpet still in process to be completed. We are also upgrading our other hotel facilities.
I invite you to come back and hopefully this time, we will meet, please just ask for me if am not around in the garden, floor or lobby.
Have a fantastic day ahead.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Coming from berjaya lankawi we were shocked to see the room.we have chosen coastal sea view and all we got was a cramped room with no balcony and no view of the sea either.we requested the reception for a change of room but to no avail.only the bed and pillows were great.the lobby and pool have nothing great to speak about.overall nothing that I would remember.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Rajesh69agarwal,
I sincerely regret that you did not get the room as you would have expected and also regret that due to our fully book situation we were not able to offer you the possibility to upgrade yourself to a sea view room with balcony.
Please next time, you visit Penang, do contact me personally and will ensure you have a more memorable hotel experience.
Have a lovely day.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at the ParkRoyal Motel in Penang, We couldn't have asked for better service. We found ALL the staff to be very pleasent and most helpful with nothing being a problem. When entering the Motel all we had to do was get out of our transport. We were walked a few meters to a nice lounge where we were served beautiful cold drinks while the gentleman checked us in. We were then taken to our room with ports to follow by our suitcase trolley man. The room was very inviting with a huge king size bed.
With being keen coffe drinkers we phoned and asked if we could have more milk. We then had a knock at the door with a gentelman handing us a jug of milk and the kettle hadn't even boiled. The next morning we asked if we could be transfered to a different area of the motel as there had been loud music the night before. Not a problem and our 2nd room was ideal for us. We thought we had removed everything from our 1st room, but after closing the door and sitting down we had a knock at the door. Outside stood a servant with the coffee we had purchased and left behind in the room. Each morning we would be welcomed at the huge breakfast area for a eat all you want breakfast (beautiful). Close by this are is a very inviting pool - nice and clean.
Nothing - not a thing can I write negitive about the ParkRoyal Hotel. We were amazed with the service given - the way we were treated - and all that was there to offer.
A huge THANK YOU ParkRoyal for are most enjoyable visit. Aussies travellers Daniel and Ward room 208

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank touring1893

Dear Daniel and Ward,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, a thousand thanks for your kind and generous comments. It is so nice and touching to read we are doing right and created memorable hotel experiences!
Glad you enjoy our breakfast, our services.
I will surely share your real nice comments to my Associates and can assure you it will come as a real morale booster to all of us!
We look forward to welcome you back soon in Penang.
In mean time we wish you a fantastic time ahead.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

When we first arrived, there was a strike by the hotel staff just outside the premise. Apparently they are underpaid. Anyway, when I went to the toilet at the lobby, it was so dirty. The person who checked me in has no clue what she is doing. The room is nothing special, and it didn't even come.with the extra bed I have requested. The next day at breakfast, there were at least 50 person queuing up outside the cafe. How can they make their guests queue up like this?! And the beach! It's so dirty! I really regretted booking this hotel and for almost RM 800 a night!

• Stayed: June 2013
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear shereenteh7777,

First of all I would like you to accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused.

I will have to agree on the last weekend of May we had a full house, just like the whole Penang and must say it was quite a challenge to cater to everyone satisfaction; we have learn and we will improve in future, I can assure you.
Concerning the picketing outside the hotel, this is very regrettable that the Union took the street leave the table for discussion but hopefully for the sake of our Guests and Associates we hope to find an amicable way to conclude this issue. Very sorry once again for the trouble and discomfort caused.
I know you may be particularly deterred from patronising us again but please do contact me personally and will ensure you have a more memorable hotel experience.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

ParkRoyal is intimate arrangement grand deluxe room comes with a king size bed + 1 sofa bed for us & 1 kid & 1 infant. new bedding & new wooden type flooring make the room looks very clean & bright. Trained staffs (both front desk, housekeeping, technician) provided very good service attitude. thank you to let us have a memorable trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jane L
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Jane L,

Thank you for you kind words an dam pleased you enjoyed our new room flooring.
Thank you also for your generous comments on our Associates and am so glad we created memorable hotel experiences for you and family.
Have a fantastic time ahead.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Batu Ferringhi
#6 of 10 in Batu Ferringhi
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
#11 of 88 in George Town

Been to PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia? Share your experiences!