Pearl of the Orient, Penang has alway been a favorite tourist spot. And Parkroyal hotel at Batu Ferringhi has been home to us for more than 25 years! We have seen the management changed and today, it still is our favorite hotel.
The staffs are friendly and the hotel and its sandy beach is still in tip top condition. I must admit, last year the quality did drop. The food at the coffee house was terrible then, in November 2012. Even the breakfast buffet was horrible and we did complaint to the management.
When we went again in April 2013, it has improved to its usual self and the food was great again! Its a very family friendly hotel. It has activities for the adults as well as it's famous koko-nut club for the children. you can leave your kids at the club and not worry about them as they will be enjoying themselves and won't even miss you!
and there are enough activities to keep everybody amused and after 7pm, you can walk to the bazaar lining the street outside the hotel.there's lots of stuffs for you to buy and bring home. there are also numerous eating places that offer western, asian, arabic and fusion cuisine and it is so lively, you'd probably will throng it every nights while you are there. you can also take a bus, just outside the hotel and go to the famous 'Gurney Drive' for a melting pot of Penang (or Asian) food!
the bed in the room is super duper King! It can accomodate 4 adults and there is another bunk/day bed that can be converted to a sleeping place. so, in reality, you can have 5 adults to the room if you wanted to. My only complaint is that the bathroom, tho' was clean and adequate...was a bit run-down due to age and it could do with some refurbishment.
the pool is open till 11 at night and... you can just take a dip in the ocean if you wanted to...it's simply is a marvellous place for a family holiday, or even a romantic honeymoon escapade !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi