We don't normally stay in resorts, but after this one we might change our minds. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi and into the open walled lobby we felt welcomed. Actually, it started before then when we exchanged emails with the hotel about a prebooked experience. On arrival we were sat down on comfortable sofas and given welcome drinks while the desk staff looked after check in, then the customer experience manager came over to say hello and discuss the markets and meals tour we had booked. We stepped out of the lift to our room and were greeted by the scent of lemongrass. Our Grand Deluxe Seaview Room had pretty views out to sea and a pleasant tropical theme inside. It really felt like a tropical resort experience rather than a sterile hotel.
We enjoyed the pool and especially the two waterslides: one open, slower and suitable for younger childen. The other was faster and enclosed. The Kokonut Kids Club had toys and a small slide/ball room enclosure. It seemed fairly empty during the day, but our four year old still had fun there. Note that you need to book if you want to leave children unaccompanied there.
The buffet breakfast had everything you might need, including quality versions of local specialities like char kuay teoh, nasi lemak and curry.
The self-serve laundry is a bit expensive and not all of the machines seemed to work. The dryers are very high powered and our clothes were ready after only half an hour.
The beach in front of the resort is perfect for evening strolls, but it's best to stay out of the water. Our son got a mild jellyfish sting wading in the shallows.
There are a few restaurants around outside the resort of varying quality. Probably the best of the hawker centres was Long Beach - try the grilled fish. The night markets lining the street sold nothing much other than the standard tourist trinkets and t-shirts.
Do see the snake show in the evening if its on near the pool. It features a spitting king cobra!
Note that the Markets and Meals experience didn't quite go as advertised. We were taken to Georgetown by the executive chef rather than a local market and there was no cooking afterwards. We still had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi