My wife and I and our 2year old daughter spent 5 weeks overseas in February & March 2013 and 7 nights here at the PARKROYAL Penang, Check In was a breeze and the staff were very helpful. Our room was a very good size the bed I think it was 2 king singles but couldn't even feel the join.The bed was so great that I was wakeing up and thinking what time is it and realizing it was 8.30 to 9.00am in the morning the best sleep I have had for that lond in over a decade or more.We had the seafood buffet one night and it was good but a bit exspensive for what you got they say prawns but they were more like a balmain bug.(seafood buffet was cheaper at the Hard Rock Cafe but I don't know what it was like).
Breakfast was good but pretty much the same except for a couple of dishes each day but you could always eat something.
We mostly ate dinner at the Hawker stalls I fell in love with the oyster omlette at 2nd lot of hawker stalls, much better than the one I had at the Red Garden Hawker stall in Georgetown.
I also thing the markets at batu Ferringhi are much better than George town.
The 3 of us enjoyed the swimming pools very much, But if you stay all day either follow the shade or use 50+ sunblock.
Our room attendant (Is) was great always chearful and so helpful just the little things she did with the towels making swans etc. and just the little attention to detail always made us smile when we returned.(thank you Is)
Now to my hates: not big hates but I hope Management listen the fridge was chilled but for an Aussie needs cold beer and the freezer not help and my biggest gripe is how the RUDE people get up early and place a towel on the chairs or lounges and then proceed to go and spend there day doing things and NOT return to the chairs forb hours leaving the fair and honest people to go without a chair or lounge.And to the people who do this DON'T BE RUDE think of other people and remember your not the only person there.
In closeing thankyou PARKROYAL Penang for the best week of my 5 week holiday best hotel I have stayed in out of many
Regards to all staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi