I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights last week with 3 friends. We had booked a Deluxe Room with Seaviews. The only way you could see the seaview was hanging out over the verandah and you could see some. The room obviously was falsely advertised and should be noted to be pool view not seaview!!! If it had only been us .. but we spoke to at least 3 couples who had issues with the advertising and what they actually got. After some quiet words with the reception staff (who helped us out as much as they could) we changed rooms to actual seaview but were expected to pay an extra $30 per room per night!!! As I had arranged this accommodation for our trip I was VERY angry. I made an appointment to see the manager the next morning at 9am and spent the night fuming. Some of our friends had saved on light income for a year to have this holiday and paying extra for the rooms was causing them some hardship. The manager was unavailable at 9am and I made another appointment for 10am which was subsequently cancelled also. I was furious by this time and told them to make an appointment that suited the manager and that I would make myself available at a time to suit him. 10 minutes later they came to find me and after some discussion, we came to a financial agreement which I could live with. I guess that a few small things (our new room didn't have a room service menu, the toilet was broken and when room service delivered our food the order was totally wrong) made the beginning of our stay rather stressful!!
Once sorted, our stay with this hotel was great!! The restaurant had a great breakfast (clean and fresh) and the dinners we had there were great. I believe the hotel was quiet when we were there, but we had no problems with crowds or bookings for any meals. The meals are somewhat more expensive than outside the hotel but the quality is assured which was a bonus with one of our travellers allergic to shellfish!! The pool was a touch warm but was always clean and the pool staff were quick to bring cocktails and food when required. You don't even have to leave the pool to drink your cocktail, they will bring it to you in the pool!! Richard (the manager) caught up with us a number of times during our stay to check that everything was in order. Ivy on reception was so helpful on many occasions and the staff who booked buses and tours were helpful.
We booked a head, neck, shoulder stress massage in the spa and whilst it was lovely it was only a back massage (certainly relaxing as no pressure was actually applied) and no amount of explaining expanded the massage to neck and head!!! A bit disappointing!
We had dinner at a number of local restaurants, but the Ferringhi Gardens Restaurant down the road from the hotel was magnificent. It is a la carte, but the chef came out to have a chat after we ate and it truly was some of the best food we ate on the trip. The surroundings were just beautiful and the outside airconditioners made the dinner especially pleasant. We had dinner at the Parkroyal outside on the beach one night and it was just beautiful. Highly recommended.
We met many lovely people at this hotel and we would all highly recommend a stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi