PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
Holiday Inn Resort Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$59
$52
HolidayInn.com
Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La(Batu Ferringhi)
$114
$75
Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa(Batu Ferringhi)
$170
$122
Shangri-La.com
Lone Pine Hotel(Batu Ferringhi)
$98
$78
Hard Rock Hotel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)
$94
$85
Bayview Beach Resort(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$48
$47
Rasa Motel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$14
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Breakfast included
D'Feringghi Haus(Batu Ferringhi)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,745 results
All reviewscool bananastamarind brasserielanai suitegrand deluxesunset barnight marketpark royal hotelkids clubbuffet breakfastwater slidesfamily roomsnake showlounge areakids poolsuperior roombeach frontwelcome drink
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed at the Parkroyal for the first time in September 2012 in spite of the fact that we had been to Batu Ferringhi a number of times before. Rooms were overall a similar standard to the Holiday Inn, however facilities were much better.
Positives - Well kept, Beautiful grounds, good pools, variety of foods at breakfast, helpful staff, friendly water sports crew, Great location, Wide food and drink options, extatic hour drinks.
Negatives - Bar fridge didn't work necessitating replacement, had to ask an number of time for an extra towel and bottle of water for our son despite the additional bed in the room. Some of the breakfast foods were of average quality (tough roti cannai / Chicken Curry with corned beef rather than chicken?), Water slides for kids only (hit head on new enclosed slide / not enough water in old slide meaning burned skin and toe nail ripped off from loose trim), rooms near mosque need double glazing!.
Overall would have no hesitation in returning if I got a good deal, worth the extra RM150 per night over Holiday Inn - probably not .

Room Tip: Pick eastern side near Holiday Inn
1  Thank PeterD8
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear PeterD8,
Thank you very much for your kind comments and have also taken note of your concerns for an immediate improvement.
We do look forward to welcome you back and wish you a wonderful time ahead.
François

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Everything went perfectly on our weeks stay here. Hotel beautifully situated and all staff very friendly and helpful. The gardens and pools are fantastic and our room opened onto a secluded garden area. The room and housekeeping was perfect too. Even at check out our time in the room was extended to 4:00 as we had an evening flight and it was pouring with rain. No negatives whatsoever. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank BigCatJaguar
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear BigCatJaguar,

We are so pleased to read your message and great feedback. It is really nice to know our guests have appreciated the friendliness of our crew and it will be another big encouragement for all of them to keep improving themselves.

Thank you so much for your kind recommendation , really greatly appreciated!

Have a fantastic day.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my second stay with my family. There was not much changes but at first I was hesitant due to the previous not so good review about the counter service. It was indeed a breeze checking in without any delays or hassle. The counter staff was very polite and the whole check in was smooth.

I upgraded my room to a grand deluxe as the west wing deluxe one on credit card offer is not so quiet as advised by the hotel prior to my check-in via email. The room was ready earlier than the check-in time. Excellent!

The room was very pleasant and cool the moment you stepped in. It gives you a feel of a good holiday. Our room had a balcony facing the sea and you could hear the lapping of the waves on some occassions.

We took a parasailing ride (not operated by the hotel) out in the beach front and my son and I enjoyed every second of it, although it was costly but it was once in a life time.

The pool was one of the best and well maintained and to our surprise it is opened till 11pm! not that we would swim at that time but it is available should we change our mind.

We also made a trip to the fruit farm via public bus no. 101 and 501. 101 brings you from the hotel to the terminal ( 1omins) trip but the wait for 501 was forever ( 40 mins).

When we arrived at the farm, we were faced with climbing up a steep slope to go up to the office. It is not advisable for the elderly or less physically fit.

The fruit farm was a bit expensive RM35 per adult but it included the fruit buffet and fresh juice to your liking.

You should not miss the Butterfly Park which is the best attraction for the whole family.

For dinner, we went to Ferringhi Coffee House on the right of hotel and Guan Guan seafood coffeshop. We liked the Ferringhi for the relaxing mood with jazz music playing in the background. There is a gem that we discovered where you can get fresh seafood BBQ or cooked to your liking as well as the best satay we tasted. On top of it, there is no crowd and you eat just beside the beach. The shop is a walk along a small road next to Guan Guan.

All-in-all it was a good trip! Well done Parkroyal!

Room Tip: Avoid the west wing.
5  Thank ITravelIWrite

Dear ITravelIWrite,

Thank you for your great feedback, we are delighted to know you have a great time with us and enjoy our room and facilities.
Thank you also for sharing your experiences with your various excursions which I will also share with them next I meet them.

It is always really nice to get positive comments from our guests as it is very motivating to keep improving ourselves. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Have a lovely day.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went for a weekend getaway to Penang with my hubby. We decided to stay at Parkroyal @ Batu Ferringhi. The service was good & room was nice. It's not walking distance to George town but still quite convenient to get there by taxi. At night, the street along our hotel transformed into a vibrant place. You can see a stretch of makeshift stalls selling souvenirs & interesting stuff. Next time i go to Penang for a weekend getaway, i will definitely stay at Parkroyal again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tasharish

Dear tasharish,

I am sincerely very glad that we were up to your expectations and that you had a great time with us. Thank you so much for your confidence and support, really very sincerely greatly appreciated!

Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The one good comment about this hotel is that it is kids friendly. Other than that, i will consider other hotel along the batu ferringhi beach given the choices available and price we are paying. Service and food quality are over rated and over priced. The staff at the front desk and kids club are helpful, other than that I would rate service as lazy and slow...breakfast buffet line was long, staff attitude is not professional, and a bit impatient (it could be a busy morning but not a good excuse for a 5 star hotel rating). Last but not least, house keeping staff are not very honest, in general, as i have left behind my jeans and called back to retrieve it the next morning and never be able to locate in my room. The hotel should be managed better other wise, it will definite drive away 1st time customer like myself considering the competition along the shore line of batu ferringghi.

2  Thank Fatmonk

Dear Fatmonk,

It is very sincere regret to read your comments and dissatisfaction about our poor service which I agree with you, was unacceptable and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies.
You can rest assure that I will personally look into it with my Team to assure an immediate improvement.

Concerning our food & beverage pricing, if I may share with you, yes I do agree in some ways, we may be slightly more expensive than an outside “restaurant” along the beach and surely more, compared to any hawker stalls. We need to keep in mind the following, which is not always part of those outlets’ offers and I am sure I can speak on behalf of all hotels and regulated restaurants.
Hotels and registered restaurants (the latter being very limited by the beach side) have to follow strict regulations including: licensing, permits, safety requirements and licensing, health and hygiene requirements and various frequent controls. In addition, all our Associates are paid according to local regulations and generally I can assure you, we provide higher privileges to all our Associates, with proper health, social and retirement benefits.
Our service equipment used are of higher grade than what is offered on the streets, for example we provide proper cotton napkins and not toilet paper, the food portioning and the quality of food offered is also to be taken in consideration. Also in hotel’s outlets, you drink and eat using proper clean glassware and chinaware, no plastic plates (unless around the pool for safety), in a hygienic environment with clean facilities including proper toilets. Outside toilets are very often, very questionable; and the list could go on and on. All this adds on to the price, very regrettably, but that is also the price for comfort and safety.

Concerning your pants, we are very sorry the Associate who informed you, at the time you called, was not fully aware of the situation and as per our communication with you later on that day, we have informed you about the findings and gald you could collect it back from us.
I deeply regret any misinformation and will ensure in future that the Associates follow the standard require in such case.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and prove to you such incidents were accidents and not the usual standard of PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
Have a wonderful day.