I liked everything about this hotel.
We stayed in balcony rooms with a side view of the ocean. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable with a safe in each room and lockable wardrobe. Every night huge cookies were left by room service. A newspaper was provided every day.
Breakfast was included in our package deal and was very good. There was lots of variety and choice. I also loved the fresh juice. You chose what fruits you wanted and they made the juice in front of you.
The staff at the kids club are very friendly, encouraging and patient and keep younger children busy with activities.
The hotel had arranged activities every day to keep you busy. Loved the snake show.
The pools were fantastic. Even a water slide for the kids.
I also liked the lobby area, where there are couches where you can laze and read a book while being served whatever you want to drink. Then at night there is music.
The location was excellent. I really enjoyed the street markets out the front every night. Very inexpensive. I just wish that I'd had more money to spend!
It rained several times during the days we were there but they are set up for it and it remained warm. There is an umbrella in the room.
There is also a tour desk in the hotel. The staff are very helpful and arrange everything. The prices are quite high for tours but you expect this. We found it alot cheaper to hire a taxi driver to take us around. I'd highly recommend the snorkeling at Lankawi.
We heard others complaining about the Muslim call to prayer which rang out during the day and night (a mosque is nearby) but I quite enjoyed it as it added to the atmosphere.
My only negative would be that the restaurants and food in the hotel were very expensive in comparison to the local restaurants. We ate at the seaside cafes (behind the hotel) for lunch and the Longbeach cafe down the road for Dinner.
A very relaxing hotel at a reasonable cost. Good facilities and very neat, clean and comfortable. Any one would enjoy staying here, whether single, couple (even honeymooners) or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush greenery in Batu Ferringhi beach or "Foreigner's Rock," PARKROYAL Penang Resort is an idyllic retreat offering delightful hospitality as warm as tropical sun. The resort is situated right on the beach and within walking distance to Night Market, well-connected to island-wide attractions including the Geogetown, the oldest colonial city in Malaysia, temples, Butterfly Farm, Penang Hill and many more. It is also situated 45 minutes from Penang International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal Penang, Malaysia Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Parkroyal Penang Malaysia Batu Ferringhi
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia Batu Ferringhi