2,901 results
All reviews cool bananas lanai suite sunset bar night market park royal hotel kids club water slides buffet breakfast family room lounge area kids pool superior room long beach welcome drink jet ski batu ferringhi beach bit dated
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in a grand deluxe sea view this time n comparing it to the suite we had last time, we felt the room had a better view. Morever,everything has improved from front desk service,the cleanliness to the food. The variety of food was appalling last year but this time i felt the management decided to provide a 5 star selection worthy of their status. Well done. Best of all, this is the only 5 star hotel on the beach stretch that provides a discount for malaysian government employees which amount u might blink then smile when u hear the finsl rate. Tq. I loved my entire stay

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear jenleeph74,
I am really glad you saw some improvement and we created memorable hotel experiences.
I am really pleased you had an enjoyable time with us, this is a great satisfaction and motivation for all of us a PARKROYAL Penang Resort to hear such good feedback.
Have a lovely time ahead.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have just returned from our first trip to Penang and we had a fantatsic time at this hotel. We stayed in a deluxe ocean view room with balcony, the room was perfect for the 2 of us and our 5 month old boy. He slept in a cott that was provided by the hotel and we enjoyed our king size bed. The room was well airconditioned which was great relief from the humidity.

The hotel has 2 great pools with lots of room to rest by, 1 of the pools has 2 small water slides which could be enjoyed by older kids. There is a bar close the pool whcih offers flags that say "service please" so you dont need to leave your seat. There is a cafe/restaurant "Cool Bananas" close to the pool whcih does some very large drinks and meals whcih can be enjoyed in the airconditioning or pool side. Attached to Cool Bananas is a pool table, internet, Xbox 360, Nintendo WII and playstation. The staff are very friendly and give great service. A few of the staff got to know our boys name and he loved the attention. The staff of the hotel feel as though they really care and enjoy their work..

Outside the hotet there are night markets that can be enjoyed for the bargain hunter. There are restaurants and massage parlours close to the hotel and lots of mini marts.

Outside the hotel beach there is access to water sports such as jetskis, banana boat rides, water skiiing, and parasailing.

I would return to this hotel for sure if I was to return to Penang

Room Tip: Choose the gran deluxe with balcony as there are big and have great views. We were on the 7th floor and had a great view over the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear leedave83,
I t is very rewarding to find out we have done the right things to ensure we created memorable hotel experiences for you and your family. many new projects are coming up for our younger guests to ensure their entertainment is well look after and give the Parents a new honeymoon ;)
Thank you for sharing and look forward to welcome you back.
Have a beautiful; day,

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Our family (2 Adults and 2 children ages 12 and 9) stayed in Room 302, for 7 nights in April 2012, in a seaview family suite.

The room and bathroom were spacious. But what we loved was that the kids each had their own DOUBLE BED. Usually when booking a family room, the sleeping situation is cramped and makeshift, with someone having to sleep on the sofa and another on a dodgy roll-out bed with squeaky springs and saggy mattress.

On the TripAdvisor forums and reviews, you will read that this resort is one of the older ones in Batu Ferringhi. This is true, but what this means is that the rooms are larger, the common areas are larger and the resort itself is larger. We went exploring the other resorts in the area, and found that we loved the beautiful gardens and landscaping of the Parkroyal, the feeling of spaciousness throughout the resort and the fact that it never felt crowded.
Admittedly the Golden Sands is newly refurbished but we found it to be quite sterile, and the pool area very crowded and hot. The Lone Pine is gorgeous but we got the impression that children weren't very welcome, as everything there was so "perfect".

For transport, there is a bus stop right outside the Hotel which will take you to Gurney and Georgetown and further. And of course the Parkroyal has its own Tour Desk if you want to arrange a driver or taxi. In Batu Ferringhi there are numerous tour operators and taxi drivers, so getting around is very easy. Everyone speaks English, signs are in English and Penang people are so friendly.

Breakfasts at the Hotel were fantastic, with a huge selection of food to suit everyone's taste. The local noodles, prepared on the spot at breakfast were a highlight. Not much is open in Batu Ferringhi prior to lunch time, so it's advisable to purchase a bed and breakfast tariff.

The staff were excellent and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. We were fortunate enough to have a "Local Experience" which was part of the GHA Reward; with the Hotel's chefs including Chef Teng who took us to the Bazaar Chowrastra and then around Georgetown in search of special cake tins which I mentioned that I could not buy in Sydney. What a fun day!

Also, on our day of arrival I went to the St Gregory Spa without an appointment (whilst my husband and children were sleeping) and one of the therapists volunteered to return early from her lunch to accommodate me. I was a bit embarassed as this wasn't necessary, however I loved the treatment which was just perfect to combat travel fatigue.

My only complaint is that although we were guaranteed an early check-in as part of our GHA priveliges, we were unable to access our room when we arrived. After a long flight and transit, and travelling with children; an offer of a complimentary breakfast, coffee or refreshments would have been very appreciated whilst we waited for our promised room to be ready. Especially since there was no shops or restaurants open for business in Batu Ferringhi at that hour of the day.

Overall we had a wonderful holiday in Penang and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Parkroyal Penang Resort.

Room Tip: Join the GHA Club for room upgrades and rewards.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear tric1003 ,

We are so pleased to know you had a great time with us and enjoyed our facility and famous Breakfast. I am delighted that we created memorable hotel experiences to you and family.
I am also very happy you managed to take advantage of our local experience and the famous wet markets tour with our Chef Teng, a great experience I must say to understand local culture and its food.
I deeply regret that we did not managed to accommodate an early check in and kindly ask you to accept my sincere apologies.
I look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.
Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Just got back from a great family holiday at the Parkroyal Penang. We were a party of 5 adults and 2 children and each one of us loved our stay. The pools were fantastic and the rooms were clean and a great size. We had two rooms for the seven of us and did not feel we were all on top of one another.
We had lunch around the pool every day and the cost was quite reasonable.
We also had dinner at Uncle zacks by the sea and what a memorable night that was. The adults enjoyed dining by the sea watching the sunset while the children had dinner and then played in the garden and on the sand nearby.
Everyone in my party loved this hotel including my very fussy sister.
Sure the decor may be a little dated but the caring staff and fantastic location sure balance that out.
I can certainly recommend this hotel for a family although it may be a little noisy at breakfast if you are not used to kids around. We loved it though as our kids felt right at home!,

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MelbourneMaxxy

Dear MelbourneMaxxy,

I am very pleased to hear of the good news and pleasant experiences while staying with us.
Very soon our new pool slide will be open and promise more fun for the kids and adults.
Our beach front Outlets is truly a beautiful place to experience wonderful sunset with our great chef culinary experience, always happy to serve not only some very popular dishes but also any dishes you may wish to have depending on the availability of the fresh product.
We all look forward to welcome you back and wish you in meantime a fantastic time ahead.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I had our wedding reception here. 4 months in the making, we experienced some slight frustrations at first, but ultimately the actual event was executed pretty well indeed. The staff at all levels eventually did their best to make the event at a success.
The buffet spread was one of the best our guests have had in their recent memory. The quality of food and the buffet spread exceeded everyone's expectations.

The rooms are a bit dated (based on our own experience and also some guests who booked there). The hotel could make away with the bath-tubs and put in glass shower compartments. Limited channels on the cable TV (especially popular movie channels like HBO).

Everything taken into consideration, a very satisfying experience. Would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Eu Chieh C,

Thank you so much for your kind words and apologise most sincerely if we have created some frustrations along the way of the preparation of your wedding.
I am particularly pleased to receive with my crew your kind comments on our food which we have been very popular with local market as well our foreign visitors.
Our Chef take great pride to prepare local and foreign dishes and we are very pleased to learn you had a good gastronomic time with us.
In term of TV selection, we are quite limited in number of channels due to the very high cost of the only provider but we are looking at alternative to ensure guests have a great selection available.
Thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back.
Have a beautiful day.