2,907 results
All reviews cool bananas lanai suite sunset bar night market park royal hotel kids club water slides buffet breakfast family room lounge area kids pool superior room long beach welcome drink jet ski batu ferringhi beach bit dated
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Myself and 3 girlfriends embarked on a week away for shopping and relaxation. After three brilliant but crazy shopping days in KL, we landed in heaven.......
The Park Royal was everything we expected and then some. On arrival we were greeted and checked in quickly and efficiently. Our rooms were lovely and very spacious and clean. We had Deluxe sea facing rooms but to be honest, we were not in our rooms long enough to watch the view. WE had rooms side by side as we were not able to get interconnecting rooms. We spent every day at the pool lying on banana lounges soaking up the sun. The pool was magic - we didn't leave! The water temperature was like hoping into a luke warm bath. The hotel had two pools (one for adults and one for children) and as we had left our children back in Australia, we didn't want the noise of children. Occasionaly parents brought the kids into the adult pool but it wasn't unbearable.
Breakfast in the hotel was great. Catering for everyone and even the kids had their own little buffet area to go and choose from the may options......Can not complain about breakfast at all.... A few steps from the pool was the beach. While we were told not swim due to stingers, there was plenty of watersports (para sailing, jet skiing, banana boats). The massage on the beach was great although i was a little sore sore the next morning. Much much cheaper than what the hotel was offering. The night markets started outside our hotel gate and went for a couple of km's. We walked and shopped every night. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel but walked down to an open air area where many food stalls were set up and you could choose from the local cuisine. Don't waster your money in restaurants, eat here. It was yummy and all cooked in front of you!
I checked out the kids club on my last day and i do plan to return with my husband and children (hopefully next year).....
Keep up the good work and see you soon! x

Room Tip: Some rooms you hear the praying from the mosque
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank harrir10
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Dear harrir10,

I am very grateful for your kind feedback which will surely come as a boost of moral to all of our Associates.
Once again thank you so much for sharing, it is greatly appreciated as it is only through your positive criticisms that we can improve our services befitted to all our guests.
With my Team I look forward to welcome you in Penang in a not too distant future.
Have a fantastic time ahead.

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Hotel was excellent for location, and service but as a non smoker, didn't like the fact that smoking was allowed in the centre lounge and by the pool and restaurant. Was disappointed that we got a room on the 4th floor,and could hear the boom boom noise from the pool bar, and Mosque down the road was annoying, even though we were furtherest away in complex. Don't ask questions at tour desk about local activities that you wish to do on your own, all they want to do is sell taxis rides and expensive tours which if you have local knowledge can be done safely and cheaply on the excellent bus services. Local eateries Helenas and the Living room are excellent cheap eats. Breakfasts in hotel is excellent and caters for all cultures.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank donut4u
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Dear donut4u,

Thank you very much for proving your kind feedback for which we are very grateful.
Concerning the smoking we have implemented non smoking zone in all rooms and breakfast area, provided smoking areas on each floors for comfort.
We have taken very seriously your comments about the limousine service counter attendant and you can rest assure I will personally review this incident with the person concerned, please accept my sincere apologies for such poor behavior.
Once again thank you so much for your great feedbacks as it is only through your positive criticisms that we can improve our services befitted to all our guests. I look forward to welcome you in Penang in a not too distant future.
Have a wonderful day

Reviewed April 4, 2011

My family of 11 stayed in Parkroyal Penang for 3 nights and I must say we had a fabulous time! We were welcomed by drinks and fresh fruits. I even received a plate of chocolates in my room. The hotel has 2 big pools, one of which had a slide for children (and some of the adults also had fun with the slide).

Before arriving, i told the hotel that i would like to celebrate my parents' anniversary there and the service team put together a surprise for my parents and gave a complimentary cheesecake. A whole cheesecake.

We had a good time at the beach, parasailing, banana-boating and jet-skiing at a very reasonable rate.

Highly recommended! Sunset from our rooms are gorgeous!

Could improve on the breakfast menu and seating system but nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank hanidivao
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our services during your last stay with us, your kind efforts are sincerely greatly appreciated!
As usual I will share your kind comments with my Team which always come a great boost of moral to all of them knowing their good efforts to provide superior services are being greatly appreciated by our guests. Making our guests happy is our aim and we are delighted to know the surprise for your Parents was a success :) :) :)!
Together with my Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Penang.
Once again, thank you so much and wishing you a fantastic time ahead.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

We found it difficult to choose the best hotel for us in Penang. After reading all the reviews we settled on the Park Royal. What a great choice. We had 6 nights in a deluxe sea-facing room on the 7th floor and the views were wonderful overlooking a gorgeous pool and the Malacca Straits. At night you could see all the lights from the cruise and container ships. The staff were helpful and very friendly. The breakfast in the morning was delish plentyful. We spoke to many other guests who were staying there and we were told by several that they come to Penang every year for their holidays and have stayed at all the hotels but the Park Royal was definitely the best. We tried all the restaurants in the hotel and found them very good value. I had a treatment in the hotel spa and my treatment room was big and beautiful with sea views. . We had Lim a taxi driver stationed outside the hotel to drive us around to see the sights. He was very reasonably priced and we used him often. Do go to Gurney beach and visit the Shopping Plaza there. Take a walk along the beach from the Park Royal and have lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. The best seafood pasta we have ever had. Penang is very clean and green and a great surprise, not at all what we expected. It was much better.
Judith and George Knox Brisbane Australia

Room Tip: Book the best
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GJKnox

Dear Guests

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and really motivating to all of us here at PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
With my Team I am glad that we have achieved our goal of creating memorable hotel experiences.
We do look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future and if you may need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Have a wonderful time ahead.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoon. During the 3 day stay, we did not found anything special which makes this hotel so expensive as compared to others. No upgrades for honeymooners. Though all the facilities there were up to the mark but nothing makes it stand out from other hotels!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vikas C
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Dear viksdelhi,

First of all, please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies for not having acknowledge you were on Honeymoon; as we don’t have your personal information, we regrettably are enable to check if it was mentioned in your reservation and what went wrong for future improvement on our side.
I deeply and sincerely regret that we did not had an opportunity to meet, as I am very confident we could have found a solution to ensure that you had a most pleasant stay with us.
We may at time have fault and we are always very willing to correct ourselves if given an opportunity.
Allow me to take this opportunity once again to ask everyone to please , please, please, do let us know while you are in the hotel when you face some dissatisfaction or difficulty, again we will be most happy to look into it and assure you have a wonderful stay with us.

Please Mr.Mrs. viksdelhi do contact me personally and will prove to you this incident was only an accident and not the usual norm of PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
I sincerely hope to hear from you soon and make it up to you.

Have a wonderful and happy life ahead together.