“Good for families,party people and smokers”

PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Hotel was excellent for location, and service but as a non smoker, didn't like the fact that smoking was allowed in the centre lounge and by the pool and restaurant. Was disappointed that we got a room on the 4th floor,and could hear the boom boom noise from the pool bar, and Mosque down the road was annoying, even though we were furtherest away in complex. Don't ask questions at tour desk about local activities that you wish to do on your own, all they want to do is sell taxis rides and expensive tours which if you have local knowledge can be done safely and cheaply on the excellent bus services. Local eateries Helenas and the Living room are excellent cheap eats. Breakfasts in hotel is excellent and caters for all cultures.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank donut4u
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Dear donut4u,

Thank you very much for proving your kind feedback for which we are very grateful.
Concerning the smoking we have implemented non smoking zone in all rooms and breakfast area, provided smoking areas on each floors for comfort.
We have taken very seriously your comments about the limousine service counter attendant and you can rest assure I will personally review this incident with the person concerned, please accept my sincere apologies for such poor behavior.
Once again thank you so much for your great feedbacks as it is only through your positive criticisms that we can improve our services befitted to all our guests. I look forward to welcome you in Penang in a not too distant future.
Have a wonderful day

Reviewed April 4, 2011

My family of 11 stayed in Parkroyal Penang for 3 nights and I must say we had a fabulous time! We were welcomed by drinks and fresh fruits. I even received a plate of chocolates in my room. The hotel has 2 big pools, one of which had a slide for children (and some of the adults also had fun with the slide).

Before arriving, i told the hotel that i would like to celebrate my parents' anniversary there and the service team put together a surprise for my parents and gave a complimentary cheesecake. A whole cheesecake.

We had a good time at the beach, parasailing, banana-boating and jet-skiing at a very reasonable rate.

Highly recommended! Sunset from our rooms are gorgeous!

Could improve on the breakfast menu and seating system but nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank hanidivao
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our services during your last stay with us, your kind efforts are sincerely greatly appreciated!
As usual I will share your kind comments with my Team which always come a great boost of moral to all of them knowing their good efforts to provide superior services are being greatly appreciated by our guests. Making our guests happy is our aim and we are delighted to know the surprise for your Parents was a success :) :) :)!
Together with my Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Penang.
Once again, thank you so much and wishing you a fantastic time ahead.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

We found it difficult to choose the best hotel for us in Penang. After reading all the reviews we settled on the Park Royal. What a great choice. We had 6 nights in a deluxe sea-facing room on the 7th floor and the views were wonderful overlooking a gorgeous pool and the Malacca Straits. At night you could see all the lights from the cruise and container ships. The staff were helpful and very friendly. The breakfast in the morning was delish plentyful. We spoke to many other guests who were staying there and we were told by several that they come to Penang every year for their holidays and have stayed at all the hotels but the Park Royal was definitely the best. We tried all the restaurants in the hotel and found them very good value. I had a treatment in the hotel spa and my treatment room was big and beautiful with sea views. . We had Lim a taxi driver stationed outside the hotel to drive us around to see the sights. He was very reasonably priced and we used him often. Do go to Gurney beach and visit the Shopping Plaza there. Take a walk along the beach from the Park Royal and have lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. The best seafood pasta we have ever had. Penang is very clean and green and a great surprise, not at all what we expected. It was much better.
Judith and George Knox Brisbane Australia

Room Tip: Book the best
4  Thank GJKnox

Dear Guests

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and really motivating to all of us here at PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
With my Team I am glad that we have achieved our goal of creating memorable hotel experiences.
We do look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future and if you may need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Have a wonderful time ahead.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoon. During the 3 day stay, we did not found anything special which makes this hotel so expensive as compared to others. No upgrades for honeymooners. Though all the facilities there were up to the mark but nothing makes it stand out from other hotels!!

1  Thank Vikas C
FrancoisSigrist, General Manager at PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Dear viksdelhi,

First of all, please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies for not having acknowledge you were on Honeymoon; as we don’t have your personal information, we regrettably are enable to check if it was mentioned in your reservation and what went wrong for future improvement on our side.
I deeply and sincerely regret that we did not had an opportunity to meet, as I am very confident we could have found a solution to ensure that you had a most pleasant stay with us.
We may at time have fault and we are always very willing to correct ourselves if given an opportunity.
Allow me to take this opportunity once again to ask everyone to please , please, please, do let us know while you are in the hotel when you face some dissatisfaction or difficulty, again we will be most happy to look into it and assure you have a wonderful stay with us.

Please Mr.Mrs. viksdelhi do contact me personally and will prove to you this incident was only an accident and not the usual norm of PARKROYAL Penang Resort.
I sincerely hope to hear from you soon and make it up to you.

Have a wonderful and happy life ahead together.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

We recently stayed for four nights and would consider the hotel as average. The gardens and pool were beautiful and well maintained though I wish I could say the same about the room. Were situated on the 7th floor and the hall ways and room could do with a re-fresh and paint..worryingly we were advised at check it that we were in the new section! Had issues with the plumbing with difficulty flushing the toilet as well as fluctuating pressure and temperature the shower. Aircon also a bit noisy. A plus for the hotel is the staff who were all friendly and service minded

If this is your first trip to asia then hotel and Batu Ferringhi maybe to your liking however I've found better quality and value for money at more interesting locations elsewhere.

1  Thank WalshAdam

Dear Guests,

It is greatly appreciated to read your feedback which is always very important to all of us at the Resort as it is only through your positive criticism that we can improve our services for the benefit of all our guests. We have taken note of the various short falls and you can rest assured that no stone shall be left unturned to ensure that improvements are made promptly.
Thank you once again. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your confidence in us.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Have a wonderful day

Reviewed March 28, 2011

We have just returned from a two week holdiay at the ParkRoyal in Penang and I cannot rate this hotel highly enough.

The hotel was always very clean and the staff are all extremely courteous and helpful (and genuine with it) with any queries or issues. The rooms are very comfortable and nice to be in. The pool area is lovely and we had no issues with getting a sunbed even later in the day. Yes, the food and drinks are slightly more expensive than outside but it is good value for money. A bowl of nachos (with several sides!) will set you back a whole £6-7 but the portion size could feed a family! We didn't have dinner in the restaurants but the breakfast buffet was varied and good quality.

Likewise the hotel shop is slightly more expensive for suntan lotion etc but why not just go to one of the supermarkets outside?!

We used the hotel for a few trips and again they good value for money. We paid £50 for a private boat which took us fishing and then off to monkey island, it was a great afternoon.

Overall, it was a great holiday all round.

3  Thank Cheslar

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your positive comments and kind words about our Associates which I can assure you have been well received and will bring strong moral support and motive us to try harder and better every day.
Thank you once again very much and wish you a very pleasant time ahead.
Sincerely

Reviewed March 28, 2011

The hotel is in an awesome location, right off the beach, the pools are beautiful, staff is very friendly, and the whole place felt very relaxed. The beach is clean, and not crowed at all! The resort have spacious play rooms for my 17 months old, and my 8 and 15 year olds. The food at the resort is delicious, and there are many places to eat outside the resort as well. Overall we are very pleased with Parkroyal Penang, and will definitely come back in the future. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, but I did not get the flat screen TV, internet in the room is fast, but goes out when there is heavy rain.

The only real complaint I have is the Mosque next door, it is very loud in the morning, both mornings I was awaken @ 6am by the call to prayor.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank YiZhou

Dear Guest

With my team, I am delighted to read of your pleasant experience with your stay with us. We do regret the disturbance of the early morning call and we are doing our best to minimize noise through proper window fittings and we have seen great improvement.
Thank you very much for your kind feedback and rest assured your words will be shared with my Team and greatly welcomed.
Thank you once again and have a beautiful day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Batu Ferringhi
#6 of 10 in Batu Ferringhi
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Eastern & Oriental Hotel
#11 of 88 in George Town

Been to PARKROYAL Penang Resort, Malaysia? Share your experiences!