The hotel lived up to my expectations in all ways except for the fact that it didn't have WIFI!
Let me start from the beginning. Service is good: the receptionist and bellboys are all courteous and helpful. The hotel provides very nice refreshing lemon-flavoured ice water in both its lobbies (Beach Wing and Ferringhi Wing). We stayed in a Family Studio, which was perfect for our group because there were 5 of us. We slept comfortably in a king sized bed and 2 single beds. Housekeeping was prompt when we requested extra towels/toilet paper.
The room itself was clean, so was the bathroom. However, the TV channels were quite dismal, and like I said earlier, there was no wifi. I know we should be on holiday and shouldn't bother about these "technology-related things", but it was pretty disappointing!
The breakfast spread was good. We had to endure long queues in the morning, though, probably because it was at full occupancy. I think the hotel should do something to expand its restaurant, so that guests don't have to wait in a long queue in the morning just to get breakfast.
We tried having their "Makan Syok-Syok" dinner one night, and it was disappointing. The North Indian cuisine was good, but the BBQ seafood was very dry.
The hotel's location is good because there are restaurants nearby, the night market is nearby. There is a really nice nightspot just next to it called 69, providing sheesha, food, drinks and good music.
The hotel is also right on the beach so you can go there for water sports or just suntanning.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay there. Wish I could've stayed longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi