Stayed in the Holiday Inn from 9 to 12 Aug. Generally okay but a few points to note.
We arranged at the hotel early in the morning, travelling by coach overnight from Singapore, and the rooms are ready for us to check in, at no extra cost! This is wonderful experience as most hotels will make you wait till their check in time.
Rooms are nice and big, as we have the beach wing, I think
Breakfast has a good selection and some changes everyday.
Surrounding area comes alive at night with the pasar malam and food stalls.
Not So Good:
Although we asked for non-smoking rooms, we were still assigned smoking rooms and have to go through some sorting to get our rooms changed.
Pool is nice but there is always sand and leaves in it. Needs to be cleaned more regularly. It is also rather small and tends to be very crowded.
Surrounding area is very quiet during day, nothing much to see and do.
Overall: Not too bad but will not be visiting Penang again soon as there are nicer places out there at a lower cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi