Stayed here for 4 days 3 nights in the Hill View beach wing (non-smoking) unit. Room was neat, spacious and clean. It comes with 2 queen "very comfortable" beds which suits my requirement and our main reason of staying here as i have two children. (have to specify upon booking) Innovative and practical curved shower screen track to minimize water from spilling onto the bathroom floor. Basic amenities such as ironing board, hairdryer and a safe comes with the room. Centralized air-conditioning and a 32" LCD TV but with snowy display (bad reception).
The only downside is they don't offer free wi-fi and not even in the lobby. It's chargeable at RM60. Not sure if this is an hourly or daily rate. This service should come free based on the rates charged at this hotel. Even most of the 2-3 star hotels have this service for free, not to mention Starbucks & McDonalds!! The Management should give this a serious thought! Don't just think of charging, charging & charging on everything!
Secondly, they should have the FIFA World Cup channels in the rooms as well as it's only available at the lobby lounge and pool bar with only limited seats available. I missed some matches as i have to stay in the room with my kids! Management please take note!
Housekeeping is excellent! Take them less than 5 mins whenever i requested for additional towels. Good job!
Parking is a hassle as it's scarce. Even the disabled lots are taken by some "inconsiderate" fully able guest! Wonder why this is allowed??
Pool is always full but the live guards are friendly. Table tennis is available too.
The bartender (evening) at the poolside bar need to put smiles on his face. He's so cold and non responsive making you uncomfortable and unwelcomed!
Beach front is terrible and stinks due to the horse manure (feces)! These horses purged at will and to my horror, the irresponsible operators just conveniently cover them with sand right in front of us instead of discarding them in a proper manner. Imagine my little children playing there and come back with a handful of horse manure?? How disgusting! Should do away with this activity and the operators charge a bomb for this ride! Do enquire 1st to avoid being overcharged as some operators can be very sly.
En. Fariz (concierge) is very friendly, helpful and always greet us with a smile. Others should emulate him to make guests feel at home and welcome.
Overall my stay at Holiday Inn Penang is good except for some minor setbacks here and there but the comfy beds made up to it.
Might consider staying here again if the Management make some improvements after reading my suggestions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi