We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 5 days. Its location within Batu Ferringhi is central, its loaction to the capital "Georgetown" is 40 minutes on the bus, which costs RM2.Only minor problem, is the 1hour taxi journey from and to the airport (RM80).
The hotel its self has all you could need to relax. Large Pool, pleanty of beds (by the pool and on the beach front). Water sports on the door step, as well as nice beach walks in either direction from the hotel.
The hotel resturant is good and wll priced, though you will need a full wallet to get drunk, as the beers are a little over priced.
The rooms are made up every morning and a cart comes round during the evening to check if you want fresh towels, toilet paper or anything else. A free news paper (In English) was left at the door each morning.
Breakfast was NOT include in the price, but was offered a great deal of MR425 for 2 adults and 2 boys for the 5 days. Great choice of food and everything was fresh and replaced often.
Our room was plenty big enough for the 4 of us, 1 king and 2 singles, with the king seperated by a dividing wall from the singles. Kettle and a fridge and one of the best hotel showers I have experinced.
Plenty of small shops near hotel, including "7-11" type of shops, to top up on snacks, beers and water. There are also a lot of Tailors, that will make you a set of trouser for around RM60. To avoid taking home all that dirty washing, at RM5 per kg, get it done before you leave.
Only compaint I have about the hotel, is the cost of the internet. RM30 1 hr, RM45 2 hrs amd RM58 for 24 hrs, unfortunately the 24 hrs must be used in 1 block.
For the best shopping in Penang, visit the Gurney Street mall. It is bigger, cleaner and better laid out than the Komtar Mall in Georgetown, also with far better shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi