Just had 8 days in this hotel as our relaxing week after seeing the citys of south east asia.
The site is split into two halves, the beachside building where the main restaurant and bar is along with the games room and kiddie play room, and the main Ferringhi Tower, which is across the main road but connected to the beachside by a walkway from the first floor. Access back into this tower from the walkway is by room key reader on the wall by the door, so security is very good. The tower side has it's own reception on ground floor and the Gym is located there, again accessed by your room key.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them.
We had a sea view room on the 23rd floor of the tower, excellent views across to mainland Malaya and onto the beach and streets below. The room had a huge bathroom with walk in shower, bath, basin etc. There were two double beds in the room, a tv with good selection of channels, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities, ironing board and iron, and, being a muslim country, a prayer mat with an arrow on the ceiling pointing to mecca, a facility i didn't require, but some may.
You get free wi-fi, which works with the iPhone and doesn't clock up your data usage. You also get the cable to plug into a laptop.
The food is good and very varied, the drinks are reasonably priced, although a walk out will find you cheaper one's.
The pool area is well appointed with showers, towels, water sports etc. The beach is on the doorstep with Jet Skiing, Paracending, Bananas, fishing trips, horse riding, quad bikes and massage facilities, all payable at a reasonable price. You can swim in the sea but beware the jelly fish!!!!!
Sunbeds are very comfortable, you can get some very good shade from the trees in the grounds too as it can get a bit warm.
The whole resort is very clean and tidy.
I will probably re-write this review at somepoint when i'm not so jet-lagged, only got back from there today, but i can say that the points i've made won't change, the place is excellent and i can't wait to go back there again.
Try a fishing trip from the beach and ask to go with Captain Dino. What a guy. And ladies it's not just fishing, he takes you to monkey beach as well for a swim and a BBQ if you want one, it's worth the 250 ringit to see the beach with its abandoned houses and the monkeys. There's also a walk you can do to a light house that takes two hours throught the Rain Forest, so don't forget your DEET, and water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi