“Great Holiday stay !!!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Batu Ferringhi
Bengaluru, India
“Great Holiday stay !!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Penang for 3 days..... Had a great time, checking in was a bit confusing, but the stay was excellent. The staff were very friendly, service was excellent...

I opted for the room with the beach view on the 7th floor.... The room had a lovely terrace with a small sun deck..... The bathrooms were neat.... Its right on the beach and quite close to a few good local hang outs..... I would recommend staying here for sure... its ideal for a short vacation.... I indeed look forward to going back .....

Room Tip: Do opt for the room with the beach view and the terrace....... Its definitely worth it !
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joanth
Matt_Beroujon, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Penang, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear joanth,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Resort Penang!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. Your compliment regarding our hospitality is highly appreciated and will be shared to encourage the team to continue giving the best services to our valued guests.

On behalf of the team, we thank you for choosing our Resort as your holiday destination. We would love to the opportunity to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Resort Penang on your next visit to the island.

With best regards,
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, and found it very good . The staff were very helpful and were keen to ensure our stay was hassle free. Any problems were quickly fixed by Miss Fixit Maria Francisca Richa. We moved to KL from Penang and both agree that our stay in Penang was more enjoyable. We would tell anyone that the Holiday Inn is the place to stay when in Penang. Meals ,Markets, and Transport close by and easy to access.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter L
Dear Peter L,

Thank you so much for your review of our Resort! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and received great service. We will surely convey your kind compliments along to Ms. Maria, our F&B Guest Relations.

Please let us know if we can assist with your booking in future and we look forward to welcoming you back to Penang!

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had many years experience staying in this hotel. This is my first write up about it. My last stay was two weeks ago. Good location, it is just near the night market, nice beach, good service and good food will make me come again to this resort. The best is about the bed, single bed will be a queen size and very comfortable.It is just walking distance to the shops and eating places.

Room Tip: Twin bed must be queen size for each bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear FAZLI H,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make all guest stays comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with our food and service.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

It was my second time staying at this hotel. The incident took place during my second visit on the 5th April, 2014. I drove over to the beach wing to check in but unfortunately there wasn't any parking space to park my car, hence I have to check in at the tower wing instead. As I will be staying over at beach wing, I asked the staff over at the check in counter to check for me if there is any parking over at the beach wing at that moment. And he helpfully complied and told me there is. So I quickly drove over. At the beach wing, I did not see any parking available so I check with the parking attendant to see if I could park at the reserved parking (wanted to park there because I do not want my elderly parents to walk from the tower wing). Unfortunately, the parking attendant rudely asked me.. "Are you disabled?" And then look at my parents and repeated the question. I said no. Then he said those parking are for disabled only. Ok. I thought to myself if those are the hotel policy then I will comply. Hence, I parked at the tower wing instead. Upon walking over, I saw someone parked at the reserved parking lot. I was furious because the person who parked at the spot does not have any form of disability on him nor his family. Instead, he has a beautiful family of four. I know because he was my bro in law. I do not know what was the reason but I can only think of one. I am a Chinese. Parking attendant is an indian guy. My bro in law is an Indian guy. I felt racially discriminated. The attitude of the parking attendant was a huge disappointment to an otherwise a good getaway with the family. Pls do look into this matter.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joel C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Penang, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Joel C,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in late March, booked this online direct with the hotel several months in advance so got a decent rate on the beach wing second floor with an ocean view and king size bed. Had no problems here, nice clean room with a good bed, and the king size is huge so heaps of room.

Didn't realise when we booked that it was the school holidays, so it was pretty busy over the weekend we stayed with lots of families in the pool etc. but this was no problem to us. However if you like it quiet keep this in mind.

The staff were friendly and helpful so i would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikSin
Dear MikSin,

Warmest greetings from Holiday Inn Resort Penang.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback that you posted on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience and I do appreciate your kind comments regarding the service you received from our team.

We are definitely looking forward to your upcoming visit look forward to providing you a relaxed and enjoyable experience once again.

With best regards,
melbourne
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Last day here at Holiday Inn. Stayed here for 7 nights and the stay has being great.

Episode where my first room lock couldn't work for entry after a tiring day & the management ( Jasmine ) was really nice to give me an upgrade and also a free dinner for the inconvenience. They actually have to break the lock for us to get access to our things in the room. Our upgrade got a balcony and higher floor giving us sea views on the tower hotel.

Room is always clean and presented well everyday. All amenities given and of good quality. Clean, white and fluffy towels. 2 double beds twin room as requested - the only complain are the pillows. They are way too soft even when it said firm! Giving me a neck ache after a night sleep ;(

Dining room for early morning breakfast/dinner time - lights need to be brighter! It is way too dark to see what are being served!! Breakfast can become monotonous after a couple of mornings. And we stay here for 7 days! Could at least change the menu of the soup noodles to some local delights - like hokkien or curry noodles? Not just chicken soup every morning ;(.

Saturday Lok Lok and grill is not worth the money ( that's our free dinner for being lock out ) - Lok Lok came with too many sauces provided so one do not know which is the proper sauce to go with the food, grills were pre-cooked and looks really unappetising ( didn't have any ). The best being offer were the satays. And we order a plate of fried noodle to share.

For those staying here for 7 days or more, you can get 7days tourist bus card that entitled you to hop on hop off all the state's buses for free within the state of Penang. And costs only Rm$30/- (US$10) for the whole 7 days. Very handy and bus stop right in front of the hotel. We used it to go across the mainland to my hometown of Bukit Mertajam a few times. Buses here are air condition and modern. Bus drivers are another thing, haha!

Tower rooms are really pretty and colonial looking with its cane furnitures. LCD screens TV but no great varieties of English speaking channels. Another thing, should try the cold rose flavor drinks on offer at foyer - nice and refreshing after a hot and sweaty day out.

I would come back and stay on my next visit back here. And recommend to friends.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear tinghq,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Resort Penang.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com. We greatly appreciate your compliments on our dedicated team member, Ms. Jasmeen for her contribution to make your stay experience so meaningful and memorable.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced whilst staying with us. I was most concerned to read about your comment in regards to the room key card not working during your stay and have followed up with our Front Office Manager to identify what the problem is and to resolve it. I have also noted your concerns on the spread of food being served in the restaurant and please rest assured that I have personally spoken with the Executive Chef to review the menus to see where changes can be made.

I am very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and also with the quality of amenities provided.

We really appreciate your recommendations of the Resort and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is my third time staying at this hotel and I really can't fault it as the staff bend over backwards to help you out. Breakfast is open for 5 hours, so if you miss it your fault...was there 3 weeks, made breafast 6 times, due to late nights out. The rooms were very clean maybe needed updating in places but suited us as we only used it to shower and sleep. There is a fab food court down from the Holiday Inn called "I Love U" food is fantastic and alot cheaper then eating in the Holiday Inn at night. Also across the road from the hotel is a place called De-Grill, great guys in there and they will also deliver a takeaway to you room. Also just down that side road is a bar called Daya's bar, doesn't do food but great for a night out if you get the right crowd in. If you wander down by the Golden Sands hotel, the side road to that will lead you to Leanne and Loon's who will do you a great lunch...don't be put off by the concrete tables and chairs. If your not worried about hawker stalls, then you can eat for next to nothing, the only downside is that the beer is just as dear as here! Will hopefully return next year, as got so many contacts now out there, but the Holiday Inn will always be my place of stay!

Room Tip: Go for the tower side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A J
Dear AJ,

Warm greetings from Holiday Inn Resort Penang.

Thank you very much for your continuous loyalty to our brand!
I am so happy to hear that we were able to make your stay extra special and we greatly appreciate your tremendous compliments about our team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Batu Ferringhi
#6 of 11 in Batu Ferringhi
Four Points by Sheraton Penang
Four Points by Sheraton Penang
#1 of 6 in Tanjung Bungah

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Penang? Share your experiences!