My extended family ( 3 generations) recently stayed 4 nights at the Holiday Inn at Batu Ferringhi. We were spread between the Ferringhi Tower and the Beach wing so got a good feel for both parts of the hotel.
My parents stayed in the Ferringhi Tower. Their room was modern and spacious and they had a magnificent view from the 16th floor. The balcony was a nice size for the two of them to enjoy the view of the ocean and mountains while they had their pre-dinner drinks.
The rest of us were in the Beach Wing. The rooms on the beach side are older but still comfortable and large (two adults, a baby and a small child fit into one room without problems).
We had a balcony room in the beach wing which was a little older again but it had wood floors, clean bathroom, plenty of storage space and an absolutely huge balcony which had two sun loungers and loads of space - we could have invited 20 people for a party. We had a lovely view but be warned it's scorching on the balcony in the afternoon.
We all loved the pool and the sun lounge area and didn't bother with the beach as we have all visited Penang before and knew the beach is quite a busy stretch. The pool itself isn't shaded but plenty of the loungers are and the waiters and bar by the pool are very welcome. Some of us availed of the massage area near the pool.
My 4 year old niece loved the kid's club and was kept busy with kid's movies, painting and all sorts of activities.
We didn't eat at the hotel as there is so much fantastic food to be had in Penang for great prices.....I would recommend Roti Canai for breakfast to the right of the hotel, also the chinese at Bayusenga (?). The hawkers to the left up near Lone Pine is excellent.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would recommend the Holiday Inn for someone looking for a family-friendly holiday that won't break the bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi