We had booked 2 standard rooms for our trip, and had requested for inter-connecting rooms as we were travelling with children. As a Gold Priority Club member, I was upgraded but we were not given inter-connecting rooms. For convenience sake, I asked whether if we were not upgraded, can they still arrange inter-connecting rooms. Somehow, they pulled through and inter-connecting rooms were arranged for the upgraded rooms after some reshuffling – excellent at the start!
Holiday Inn Penang is located in Batu Ferringhi, and it is quite a drive from Georgetown especially during the weekend or school holidays. However, we did enjoy the beach and the swimming pool, as well as the gym. Parking was ok during the weekday, but extremely crowded during the weekend. The breakfast spread was good, and I would say better than some of the other Holiday Inns in Malaysia, and we did not have any problems finding a table for a party of 7. The rooms were clean and well-maintained, although you can see that the design and decoration are a little dated.
We found that other than a few places (one of which is McDonald's), there were hardly any restaurants that serve lunch (maybe we did not try hard enough). During the night, things are different. There are many street stalls, hawker centres and other small eateries operating. The nightly street market is also located just outside Holiday Inn. Overall, we had a wonderful time in Penang and we are glad that we stayed 4 nights at the Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi