We stayed in the tower and thought the room was excellent. It was very spacious with a bath and excellent shower. We had a view over the sea too which was a bonus.
The pool is a little small for the size of the hotel but it is deep and was never busy. There were ample sun beds although they varied in quality.
We enjoyed happy hour sitting around the pool when drinks were 20 per cent cheaper and the breakfast was good, although it did get crowded at certain times.
The hotel is well located for the wonderful night market and we particularly enjoyed eating in the nearer of the two hawker bars. Probably the best Indian food we have ever tasted, freshly cooked, very hot and less than a fiver between us! The drinks service was excellent too.
We loved Georgetown taking the hotel shuttle (free) there and a taxi back. The city is a wonderful fusion of Indian, Chinese, Arab, colonial and Malay life. Lots of fascinating places of worship and amazing architecture. We spent a brilliant day there.
We were blessed with great weather too. It is supposed to be very wet in Penang in October but we only had one sharp shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi