Stayed there recently for almost a week.
Speaking of the location of the hotel it's a bit polar: from one hand it's kinda far from both bus station (we took a coach from KL to Georgetown) & airport (the distance is almost the same, it will take you around 45 min depending on the traffic). From the another hand the location at Batu Ferringhi itself is actually excellent.
We got the room at Beach Wing, even the room faces the street, not sea, it was pretty picturesque (top 7th floor). The room is spacious & clean.
We were the only ones who actually preferred swimming in the sea, rather than in the pool, it was always crowded (with exception for early hours). But sun beds & towels are available all the time.
The sea is not that spectacular, but still decent. The beach is clean & there are a lot of activities going on, such as banana rides, parasailing, etc.
Didn't really explore hotel's restaurants, but we tried seafood night in the main restaurant. I loved the selection & value. We preferred to hang out at Hard Rock Cafe, which is just 10 min walk. They even provide a shuttle from the nearest bus station.
Gym is so small, just 2 treadmills, so if you wanna jog, wake up early. We also hit the tennis court, it's kinda new one, though it's so humid to play. If you are lucky enough, you'll get a chance to meet some monkeys, squirrels, lizards over there :)
Basic Internet leaves much to be desired, to be honest, but I survived :) At least in the lobby the signal is stable :)
Georgetown is 45 min drive by public bus, taxi drivers ignore the meters & sometimes it's better to save the nerves & take the regular bus. All our trips to the city differed from each other, feels like there're so many things to do there. You can shop, try some street food, visit numerous ethnic neighborhoods and so on. I actually like the city.
Long story short my stay was pleasant & if ever my friends gonna go to Penang, I'd definitely recommend them this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi