We were travelling with family and had four rooms booked overall. On check in at 3pm, we were told that three out of four rooms were ready but ours wasn't. We got an apology and were told it would be ready in an hour but that was it. We went to one of the other rooms and waited for an hour but heard nothing so we phoned reception and were told that it had been made up, they were just waiting for the supervisor to check it. After another half hour, we phoned again to be told that the porter was just coming up with the key. When we finally got into our room after 5pm (and three hours after published check-in time), our loo didn't work so we had to go down to reception again. So we ended up in an upgraded (basically the same but larger) room on a completely different floor to the rest of our party.
After the hassle with the rooms, the hotel was average. Breakfast is served in an open air area where birds can fly in and walk under and on the tables of guests who have left their plates behind. The buffet food itself is mostly not covered or chilled which can be a little unpleasant.
The hotel is well situated along Batu Ferringhi, the night market stalls start just outside and it backs onto the beach which is fairly clean but not pristine. WiFi is free but patchy.
The pool was across the walkway over the road in the other building which we knew when we booked but we preferred the Ferrenghi Tower because it is quieter at night. The pool and surrounding area was lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi