We have stayed here twice and enjoyed the location! Room was great stayed in a deluxe beach wing room, same room both times..Rooms were clean and nice and cool as it was pretty humid in Penang..
Breakfast was lovely outside but dont leave your plates unattended as the birds will come and sweep up yuo brekky before you can get it! We always got our chilli padi with our eggs at brekky and all the staff were wonderful and always smiling! The guys at the bar were always friendly too.
The pool was basic but there was always room around there, games for kids and activities arranged daily for people to enjoy..
Location is A+ as you walk outside everynight and its where the night markets are, walk a little further and get to the long beach cafe and have great meals there for amazing prices! black pepper prawns were awesome and sooo cheap, satays delicious! we always went back there..
Also if you exit and go right and then another right into first street and walk up to beach turn left you will end up at the sunset bar was great for watching aamazing sunsets there on Batu Ferringhi beach...My profile pic is from Penang!
Must visit butterfly farm, ecopark, spicefarm, georgetown...lots to do and see..
Dont forget to have your massage with Taleb the inhouse massuer that is outdoors just past the pools on the grounds of the holiday inn... the beach massuers on the actual beach might be a tad cheaper but its soo noisy and they talk to their friends while they massage you not very nice and personal!!
Enjoy and I look forward to going back there...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi