I have recently returned from a six night stay at the Holiday Inn Resort Penang.
On arrival was greeted by very friendly and welcoming hotel staff. I was taken to my room by the front office manager and the guest relations manager who informed me that my reservation had been double upgraded due to platinum priority club status! This was a nice touch thank you. My room was in the Ferringhi Tower on the 15th floor with a great ocean view from the balcony.
The room was a nice size and included two double beds, fruit basket and the bathroom had bath tub and separate rain shower together with full bathroom amenities, bathrobes and slippers.
The location is superb right on the beach and in the heart of Batu Ferringhi. The whole area comes alive at night with the many street markets.
The pool area is fantastic and the hotel provides plenty of sun beds around the pool area, gardens and directly on the beach. Beach towels are also provided complimentary.
Breakfast in the Terrace Café overlooking the beach and ocean is very memorable, the food choice is extensive and of good quality.
If you get chance do try a traditional massage on the hotel complex, I would recommend.
I could not fault anything; I had a lovely stay at the Holiday Inn Resort Penang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi