We stayed at the Rasa Sayang in late October. My husband & I & our 2 grown children stayed in the Garden wing in the Sea View rooms, which face the sea & the pool. We payed 740 MYR plus service fees & tax per room per night. We had spent the previous week at the Traders Hotel in Kuala Lumpur & had loved it.
Upon entering our room I was shocked to note that it had not been properly cleaned or maintained. There was a dirty tissue & some rubbish on the bathroom vanity & the tissue box dispenser was broken & hanging out of the vanity. The mirrors in the bathroom & throughout the room were really grubby with fingerprints & smudges. Several drawers were stuck & unable to be opened, the bedside light was broken & so was the phone. Having said that, it was all very quickly fixed up when I complained to reception, but I did feel that the girl who cleaned it up thought that I was being overly fussy, which I'm not. I don't expect our rooms to be thoroughly cleaned when we're staying in them, but I don't like to see such blatant evidence of the previous guest when I first enter the room.
The pool area & gardens were beautiful & the breakfast was great. We particularly loved the Malaysian breakfast . I had the most amazing facial at the Chi spa. I can highly recommend the Chi spa. We had manicures, massages & foot reflexology treatments down the street, but I decided to try the Chi Spa for a facial even though it was quite a bit more expensive, but it was absolutely worth it. Best facial & ambiance I' ve ever had.
On our last day we were offered the use of the gym change room after we vacated our room as we had a few hours to wait for our transport to the airport & so we went for a swim The gym,change room/ bathroom, sauna & spa was lovely & we were sorry we hadn't used some of the other facilities that the resort offered. Unfortunately we were a bit put off initially with the state of the room & the attitude. Although some of the staff members were very friendly & helpful, overall we found it less friendly than the Traders in KL.. We also felt that the lobby area & bar lacked atmosphere, so we opted to go to the Holiday inn & The Parkroyal for a drink one night after the night markets & found they were more fun for a drink. No idea what their rooms are like though, although we checked out the pool area at the Parkroyal & it was very nice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa has a sense of history, place and tradition. A 5 star resort located in Batu Feringgi, Penang Malaysia. The sprawling gardens of the resort are ideal for team building exercises, outdoor meetings and allow you to enjoy your meetings and conventions in a tropical setting. Exchanging lifetime vows under our sheltering rain trees will make your wedding unforgettable. Also, nothing creates more wonderful memories than a perfect day in our beautiful gardens. Rasa Sayang resort and Spa is also connected to George Town via our complimentary daily shuttle. With so much cultural history and vibrant street art, it's no surprise that Penang's capital, George Town, has been designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi