Arrived at Rassa after 5 nights in the new wing of the Eastern and Oriental.
First impressions place a bit tired. Had a deluxe room which was half the size of the E&O.
Room marble top not been cleaned or looked badly stained.
Rassa pool excellent and staff look after you very well. Cold drinks, cold towels and fruit.
No children under 16 at the pool so it's very peaceful and restful.
Only spoiler are the wave riders zooming up and down. Pity as they are so noisy.
Nice wee golf course. £5 each for 9 holes. Should either be free or £5 for the day.
Afternoon tea is wonderful as are the pre dinner drinks all inclusive if staying in Rassa wing.
The marble work top was sanded the next day. Great service.
Service in the whole place is absolutely impeccable. Wonderful friendly staff.
Hotel could do with a make over as rooms whilst very nice and well appointed are out dated. Nothing major just the comparison with the E&O was enormous.
They were starting to refurb the garden wing rooms. Hope they do the Rassa wing as well.
Prices in the Ferringi grill are very high for this part of the world. London yes but not in Penang. Although the food is excellent.
We ate here three times and without doubt it is probably one of the finest restaurants on the island.
Close to the Hotel plenty of places to eat close to the hotel at a fraction of the price.
Would have no hesitation in recommending the Rassa wing for a wonderful relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa has a sense of history, place and tradition. A 5 star resort located in Batu Feringgi, Penang Malaysia. The sprawling gardens of the resort are ideal for team building exercises, outdoor meetings and allow you to enjoy your meetings and conventions in a tropical setting. Exchanging lifetime vows under our sheltering rain trees will make your wedding unforgettable. Also, nothing creates more wonderful memories than a perfect day in our beautiful gardens. Rasa Sayang resort and Spa is also connected to George Town via our complimentary daily shuttle. With so much cultural history and vibrant street art, it's no surprise that Penang's capital, George Town, has been designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi