My wife and myself recently had our third stay in the garden wing at this hotel.
This is a beautiful hotel with staff to match, we wouldn't otherwise return as we have.
One issue has arisen this year and it is that of their sunbed policy. The hotel has a small golf course where 5 days out of 7 they hold a putting competition. A great way to spend an hour or so relaxing and having some banter with other guests, it is well attended, or was early March with some 20 plus people there every day, prizes in the form of drink vouchers can be won and it really does make for a most enjoyable time.
It is however marred by the sunbed policy of the hotel, that being, if you leave your sunbed in the Garden Wing pool area for more than an hour your personal belongings will be removed and placed behind the bar. Despite protests to the hotel, the fact that you are taking part in one of their activities does not matter, they do not care, in fact they even have a time sheet behind the bar where they log every guest in and out of the Garden Wing pool. This is a 5 start hotel and the Garden Wing is an upgraded addition. One does not go away on holiday to monitored like a school child. What a way to treat guests in such an establishment. It also means that if you sit at their bar, having lunch and enjoying yourself, but take over an hour you loose your sunbed. This would not happen if the area for the Garden Wing pool was larger, but as it isn't they impose this ridiculous hour rule. So be warned, even if you are in the hotel, having lunch, afternoon tea or at the putting competition for over an hour they will impose this rule without remorse.
This was not an easy decision to place such comments on Trip Advisor because this is such a good hotel with such excellent staff, BUT, this policy and their refusal to be a little more considerate really does let it down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa has a sense of history, place and tradition. A 5 star resort located in Batu Feringgi, Penang Malaysia. The sprawling gardens of the resort are ideal for team building exercises, outdoor meetings and allow you to enjoy your meetings and conventions in a tropical setting. Exchanging lifetime vows under our sheltering rain trees will make your wedding unforgettable. Also, nothing creates more wonderful memories than a perfect day in our beautiful gardens. Rasa Sayang resort and Spa is also connected to George Town via our complimentary daily shuttle. With so much cultural history and vibrant street art, it's no surprise that Penang's capital, George Town, has been designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi