Just returned from an 8 night stay. We were travelling as a family (2 adults + 1 x11 yr old boy). As communicated in other reviews on this property - the rooms are a little on the dated side and in need of a refurb. However, they are quite large (1 King bed and 1 King single in our case). The bathroom is also quite large - so this more than made up for the dated decor. To be honest - we were only in the room to sleep or get changed so no biggy.
Staff were absolutely fabulous. Very friendly and courteous and nothing too much trouble.
Pool area was lovely and never really seemed busy. People seem to come and go all day.
Guests were a mixture of families with young children to middle aged people - and all nationalities - quite a mix.
Breakfast buffet was the usual fare - the Indian banana roti is the best way to start your day!!!
We dined at the international buffet on 2 ocasions - mainly because we were tired and it was easy with a child. We also ate at the Pool restaurant and enjoyed some fine curries whilst our son ate his usual western style fare.
We ventured to the Hawker restaurant stalls on several ocasions - dirt cheap and quite good on the whole.
Night markets didn't impress me - felt like I was in a huge $2 shop!!!! I felt the copies were poor quality.
My recommendation for shopping malls is Gurney Mall and there are also some have decent eateries there. Nice to walk along the sea promenade after dinner.
A walk around Georgetown is a must - beautiful architecture.
All in all - an enjoyable stay at the Shangri La Rasa Sayang Resort at Batu Feringhi.
Couple of tips - book a people mover taxi (that way you won't be forced to take 2 taxis to/from the airport),
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa has a sense of history, place and tradition. A 5 star resort located in Batu Feringgi, Penang Malaysia. The sprawling gardens of the resort are ideal for team building exercises, outdoor meetings and allow you to enjoy your meetings and conventions in a tropical setting. Exchanging lifetime vows under our sheltering rain trees will make your wedding unforgettable. Also, nothing creates more wonderful memories than a perfect day in our beautiful gardens. Rasa Sayang resort and Spa is also connected to George Town via our complimentary daily shuttle. With so much cultural history and vibrant street art, it's no surprise that Penang's capital, George Town, has been designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi