It's my final night here & already I've recommended this wonderful resort to the rest of my families & friends who wish to visit Penang in future. Of course, there are both the good qualities & some downsides but for a 4-star rated stay, we couldn't ask for more! Best feature of this place is the perfect location; food is an easy find & the night market is practically right at your doorstep! Crossing the busy street with a stroller was a bit of a pain but having shops so nearby is really an asset especially for emergency cases like running out of diapers! & the beach is just a 5min walk from the lovely pools; you might want to consider coming here during non-peak periods as pools could get a bit a crowded but we still get to enjoy a swim without a fuss! We are also extremely thankful for free wifi & the high reception in the room.
A bit of a a downside is that the room is not carpeted nor are there rugs as floors can get extremely cold (not a plus sign for crawling babies) but the housekeeping guy was very kind enough to provide us with beach slippers (no room slippers) when we requested them. & our room was also promptly cleaned & maintained during our stay too.
Really wish to highlight that the staff attended to us were really friendly & will respond to requests with a genuine smile & caring attitude; keep that up! :) we took the shuttle bus provided by the resort to Georgetown; that was a blessing especially if you come w/o your own transport. Wishing our stay is longer though haha.. Can't wait for our next stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La first commenced operations in October 1979. It has won numerous awards and recognition as a family- and kids-friendly resort. As such, it enjoys the reputation as the preferred resort among families on holiday. This 4-star resort on Batu Feringgi Beach is filled with facilities for dining, leisure and recreation that will surely keep any multi-generational family happily occupied. Adventure Zone, Shangri-La's unique family entertainment center With 387 guestrooms and suites that boast views of either the verdant hills or azure sea, the hotel caters to the needs of individuals, groups and families. Some room types even feature Murphy pull-down beds and connecting doors. Childcare services are available, allowing adults on holiday with their family to enjoy some private time away from their children. At the Kids' Club, which is based in the Adventure Zone's dry play park, children are kept entertained from morning until evening and provided with regular meals and break times. The Adventure Zone is the biggest indoor play park in Penang, offering a myriad of play structures, activity rooms and entertainment options. Here, children can enjoy video screenings and visits from the resort's mascots. At our mini water park, children and toddlers can interact safely, playing on the splash pad, which has a safe floor surface and includes many water features, such as showers and tipping buckets. In addition, they will enjoy racing down the water slides. Holidaymakers can stroll around the resort grounds, which feature extensive manicured gardens and landscaped open spaces. Guests can also enjoy sunbathing and lounging by the pool and in the garden area. The Cool Lounge serves as a transit area for incoming and outgoing guests, and is a cool space where guests may read, surf the Net and enjoy sandwiches and pastries alongside coffee, tea and fruit juice. At Garden Café and Sigi's Bar & Grill by the Beach, children below 12 years old that are accompanied by one paying adult can eat for free. In addition, an outdoor Jacuzzi in the garden and two swimming pools with water slides are available. The resort also boasts a par-3 golf course for those that enjoy golf. Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La well-equipped gymnasium awaits fitness enthusiasts. For those who wish to spend their time productively while on holiday, there are many daily activities, such as workout classes, cooking classes, craft making courses and visits to the George Town World Heritage Zone (by complimentary shuttle). The popular Batu Feringgi Night Bazaar beckons those who enjoy a stroll after dinner. Here, great bargains on apparel, novelty items, souvenirs and art can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi