Stayed for one nite on Xmas eve with family of 4 adults n 4 kids. Booked the hotel quite last minute and comparing to the rate and the activities, i chose Golden Sands instead of Hard Rock. I've stayed in Hard Rock twice before and this is my 1st stay in GSR and looking forward for more. The location is great, walking distance to almost everything, night market, massage parlour, f&b plus all the kids activities. Wish i stayed longer cause the kids really enjoyed the adventure zone (RM20++ for hotel guest with buy 3 free 1 promo) and the pool. We didnt have time to try the other kids activities because of the short stay.
Beach activities also interesting. Tried donut and parasailing with the kids.
The only thing i can complain bout this hotel is the reservation process. I received an email to send all the details n replied accordingly, yet they sent me incorrect details. They should have check my details properly before replying my email. At first they were confused with the arrangement for the number of adults and kids in each room (i've booked 3 seafacing rooms) and then about the smoking/non-smoking room (i've requested 1 smoking and 2 non-smoking) but i was still given non-smoking room for all 3 during check-in. Luckily they changed it to smoking room accordingly. I'll surely rate this hotel as excellent if the reservation and check-in process was smooth. I hope its not going to happen to anyone next time.
I have a good impression on this hotel overall. I sure will coma back again next time! See u again GSR!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La first commenced operations in October 1979. It has won numerous awards and recognition as a family- and kids-friendly resort. As such, it enjoys the reputation as the preferred resort among families on holiday. This 4-star resort on Batu Feringgi Beach is filled with facilities for dining, leisure and recreation that will surely keep any multi-generational family happily occupied. Adventure Zone, Shangri-La's unique family entertainment center With 387 guestrooms and suites that boast views of either the verdant hills or azure sea, the hotel caters to the needs of individuals, groups and families. Some room types even feature Murphy pull-down beds and connecting doors. Childcare services are available, allowing adults on holiday with their family to enjoy some private time away from their children. At the Kids' Club, which is based in the Adventure Zone's dry play park, children are kept entertained from morning until evening and provided with regular meals and break times. The Adventure Zone is the biggest indoor play park in Penang, offering a myriad of play structures, activity rooms and entertainment options. Here, children can enjoy video screenings and visits from the resort's mascots. At our mini water park, children and toddlers can interact safely, playing on the splash pad, which has a safe floor surface and includes many water features, such as showers and tipping buckets. In addition, they will enjoy racing down the water slides. Holidaymakers can stroll around the resort grounds, which feature extensive manicured gardens and landscaped open spaces. Guests can also enjoy sunbathing and lounging by the pool and in the garden area. The Cool Lounge serves as a transit area for incoming and outgoing guests, and is a cool space where guests may read, surf the Net and enjoy sandwiches and pastries alongside coffee, tea and fruit juice. At Garden Café and Sigi's Bar & Grill by the Beach, children below 12 years old that are accompanied by one paying adult can eat for free. In addition, an outdoor Jacuzzi in the garden and two swimming pools with water slides are available. The resort also boasts a par-3 golf course for those that enjoy golf. Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La well-equipped gymnasium awaits fitness enthusiasts. For those who wish to spend their time productively while on holiday, there are many daily activities, such as workout classes, cooking classes, craft making courses and visits to the George Town World Heritage Zone (by complimentary shuttle). The popular Batu Feringgi Night Bazaar beckons those who enjoy a stroll after dinner. Here, great bargains on apparel, novelty items, souvenirs and art can be found. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Batu Ferringhi
- Golden Sands Resort By Shangri-La Penang/Batu Ferringhi