See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 3, 2015

My wife and I ate at the café part of this establishment which has both an Indian and Italian menu. Starters was Garlic Bread which came about 30 seconds before the main course and was slices of bread covered in garlic salt and lightly toasted - something to avoid. Main course was from the Italian menu and consisted of Spaghetti Marinara and for my wife Penne Chicken. Both dishes were eatable if not outstanding, service was average and nothing to "write home about". The location gave a view of the local food stalls and was pleasant enough and the café was reasonably busy. In summary not bad but not good and not somewhere we will be revisiting.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2014

If you have short of cash or don't really need too comfy hotel this probably a good choice.

I tried this hotel on my recent trip as I wanted to experience it. This first thing which elicit my attention was its location and attractive pink color building surrounded by several cheap food stalls. Its not too far from beach and night bazaar.

Rates of the rooms vary from the day of the week or the season as I went there during the week days so my understanding is that my room was about 30 to 40% cheaper than usual weekdays. Don't hesitate to haggle the rates. I paid one day room rent upfront.

Reception was small but clean with one very friendly person who attended me and also offered himself to get my stuff from my car.

Staircase carpet was terribly dirty and seems like owners were oblivious of their reputation which was probably the sore eye.

Room was about the size of 10 x 10 ft with an attached bath room of reasonable size (7 x 5 ft).
Bathroom has shower with heater and a small bathtub and WC. My wife who was very critically sensitive about bathrooms cleanliness who first inspected the rooms and only then she approved.

Two bath towels were also provided. Room had a large window with nice looking curtains on. Tv was also mounted on the wall but Astro Tv was not available due to some technical reasons.

We have hanged our clothes on a hanger provided in a room and used a small glass table for additional stuff. Bed was ok but bed linen need to be little more cleaner. Aircon worked good without problem. Very quite place.

Hot water for tea and coffee was available from the kettle at reception without any charge though we used our own tea bags.

Budget travelers may use this hotel for night stay and must carry their own tea bags or coffee and mugs.

Do not try to eat anything in the Indian restaurant next to it. Best place to eat was in the main bazzar area in a food court which remains open till 2 am. Some time you may miss that food court due to crowded night bazaar shops but try to see Carlsburg beer bill board at the entrance of the court.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tariq_Hasany
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The room is quite alright for a budget hotel. What I like best is the location. The tourist night market is just a walking distance.

My only advise is check the bed before you check in. When we stayed there a week ago, we got a worn out mattress that we can feel the springs on our back. We regret not asking for a room change as we woke up with back pain...

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ruzie O
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a pretty decent and clean place to stay. The rooms were satisfactory and we didn't encounter any issues. Food is plenty around this place. The manager Siva was very helpful and courteous. We paid RM 120 (USD 40) for two nights. Great value for money.

Room tip: Siva would allow you to view a few rooms before you decide. So it's your choice anyway.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank josephdavid3127
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Had an absolutely terrible experience here - so really urge those of you thinking of going here to reconsider!

Booked through hostelbookers 3 weeks in advance and received a confirmation, and 10% deposit taken from my credit card. After getting a 30 minute taxi to ferringhi inn and cafe to spend one night (on Eid so understandably most things were booked up) the inn did not have us booked in.

The staff were incredibly unhelpful. We were told that it was "hostelbookers fault", and they had no rooms. They didn't help us find alternative accommodation or offer to pay the difference in price. I requested to speak to the owner who rang and explained she couldn't deal with this as she was celebrating Eid.

Ultimately Ferringhi inn&cafe left us stranded, out of pocket, and were most unhelpful.

Really urge you to reconsider staying here.

Date of stay: August 2013