“Nice food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cairns
“Nice food”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Living in Sydney I eat less types of Lebanese food, so I rate this place good. It was nice for some good home flavours however the portion size of the mixed plate was tiny, and I was disappointed that many foods I asked were not available. But overall good food.

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Penang
“Quality has severly declined”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have been visiting this restaurant for the last 4-5 years. The quality has gradually declined and when I visited it yesterday, I was somehow disjointed.

1- The volume and quality of the food has declined (the price is same). The restaurant has changed the foods in whatever way they like. The Iranian Kabab used be flat and large. It has been replaced by a round and small (possibly Arabic) one but it is still sold under the Iranian shish kabab name.

When I order something I expect to get exactly that, you cannot replace it with something else and expect me to accept whatever you offer me. I did not object but I was disappointed.

2- The local waiters are somehow out of hand. It took me 5-10 minutes to draw the attention of one of 5 waiters to finally bring me the bill (there were only 3 tables of customers in the whole restaurant). They gather and talk and don't bother to notice the customers once in a while.

I remember when I brought a guest there sometimes ago one of the waiters insulted my guest when he requested hard sugar instead of soft sugar (for his tea).

3- The environment was not clean and the furniture and the internals seem tired and dated. Before entering the restaurant I thought perhaps it has been totally closed (because the front area was not that clean). I went and checked whether it is open before bringing my guest inside.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We are vegetarians but the food here was so tasty and the service was oustanding! anyone who likes lebanese food will love this place cause the food is very fresh!

Visited March 2014
George Town, Malaysia
“Overcrowded & Overpriced”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've been to this place few times before and the experiences is still the same with no exception at all. The place will always be crowded with people, thus making its staff a bit annoying and clueless at some point when we asked for a chair or even a waiting list or something.
The food is ok but I think there other Arabic restaurant which are nicer around Georgetown. I ordered the same food again and again, and everytime, it tasted differently!!
and last but least, the price here are wayyy, wayyy to expensive!! As if you're dining on space with extra rare caviar or something like that!! For budget traveller or even not budget traveller, just be careful with the price u order here.

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Good Lebanese Food”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

It is a bit down from Golden sand resort.. they have shisha as well..Yummy Lebanese food.. Some dishes were average but you expect this with every Leb restautrant

Visited February 2014