“Food fantastic great service !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Feringgi Grill

Feringgi Grill
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on the mezzanine floor of the resort, Feringgi Grill offers diners a warm, cosy ambience with a bird's eye view of lush tropical greenery. Savour exquisitely prepared modern grill cuisine, indulge in vintage wines or unwind with our selection of world-class cigars.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Food fantastic great service !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Food overall was fantastic . We both ordered steaks and they were both we found a little tuff . Both were cooked perfectly and very tasty . We shared 3 entree and they were all very well done and presented. My only annoyance was they have gluten free on their menu options witch is great cause I need to eat gluten free..... but no dessert option witch was very very disappointing :( but like I said overall it was a fantastic evening , cant fault the service it was spot on I actually felt cared for all evening . My other half didn't pack long pants for or trip over here so they were kind enough to let us borrow some from the restaurant. I highly recommend this restaurant .

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Georgie H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
“The most disappointing lobster bisque”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We read rave reviews of this restaurant and its special menus from its past on Sundays, so decided to give it a try. It turned out the special menus aren't so special as many dishes also appear on its normal al a carte menu. I often can't resist lobster bisque if it is on the menu. I have to say this is the most disappointing one that I've ever had. I certainly didn't expect it to be that bad from a 5-star hotel. It is simply too watery. It has no texture and taste like dish washing water. My rib eye steak and the lamb chop my husband had are just average.

Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Good food, used to be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

They must have changed the menu and chef, because you used to be able to get aged Australian Beef that melted in your mouth. The last time I was here, the steaks were only OK and quite disappointing for the price. The seafood was outstanding, as is the setting, the service, and the atmosphere. This is THE place in Penang for fine luxurious dining. Sadly it is not the place for steaks anymore. Also, from experience, do not order a Mojito from the bar. Not only did the bartender not know how to mix a mojito, but when I sent it back, they still charged me for it!

• Visited April 2012
Stavanger, Norway
“Fantastic menu and Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Feringgi Grill exudes retro style in its set up which gives it great character. The lobster bisquewas delicious and there was great variety on the menu. My husband had the entricote which they prepared , garnished and served in front of us- he thoroughly enjoyed it. We couldnt leave without trying the flambayed orange pancakes which were also made in front of us and were devine.
The service was great and the mood was romantic- perfect for a great date night !

Visited January 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Expensive, but only quite good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We felt that this restaurant was trying to be something more than it was. Theatrical flambees at tables, soup made/poured at table, meat cut at table etc. But you have to have the best food in the world in order to make it work. The food was average I would say. And for the price we paid, I would say very average at that cost. Soup (poured by the waiter) was tepid. Steak was nice. Wifes salmon was excellent. Desserts very good.

But the service was excellent as it was everywhere in the hotel.

I probably wouldn't rush back to the restaurant as I think the whole experience was a little 'forced' and a little pricey for what it was, but it is clearly extremely popular with the guests and has a regular clientele. But next time I am back, I will give it another chance I think.....

Visited February 2013