“Absolutely great all”

Lazyboys Travelodge
Prague, Czech Republic
“Absolutely great all”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Absolutely great accommodation, we were very satisfied. The homey atmosphere, friendly guests and especially the owner with his family. Also, low prices and service, which offers a fine. In particular, the guest can cook in the fully equipped kitchen, free coffee, tea, washing machine, use a computer, car wheels, or equipment to the beach. Guest needs anything, he is always willing owner happy to help. The range is a lot of interesting places to visit. National park, a botanical garden with butterflies, or with spices. Or visit the nearby town of Georgetown, where the trigger is beautiful Buddhist temples and Islamic mosques. Great climate, temperature still Swimwear ..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
41 Thank Svetlana K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were two female backpackers and we really felt like home there! The whole family was so amazing, friendly and super funny! The location is just awesome, cross the street and chill at the beach! Heaps of good restaurants around. And if you need any help or tips to discover penang just ask the guys! I can definitely recommend that place because it has so much charme and character! We will be back one day! Hugs, flo and stupid cow

40 Thank Stark-anja
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

IT'S SUPER AWESOME every one is friendly the prices is good the rooms are very clean, got free wifi, music surround, free PC use and a clean kitchen for me to cook my meals...and the beach is across the road even my friends said this is the best guest house they ever stayed

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
42 Thank Shafiq_420
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Clean, safe, place to hang n chat with neigbours. w.kitchen2use4free +waching machine-not many gh provide that nowdays. Lots of advices from owners. Two min from beach with gorgeouse sun set views. Food court nearby with delisiouse n cheap local food. The only thing we would like to add is a sink in a room. One we had in corner didnt have one.
the rest was perfect. Strongly recommend. Cheers.alex

38 Thank Sobako
Drouin, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was welcomed to LazyBoys even though I messed up my dates and arrived a week earlier than I said!

I was shown to my room and because I was staying a while I was given a clothes rack to organise all my things. The room had lockable drawer (BYO padlock).

There was free tea, coffee, wifi, a washing machine for doing your own washing and a kitchen area if you want to cook your own meals. There is a free PC to use as well, but I used wifi from my room. You can also use a music room or take advantage of a pretty well stocked bookshelf.

The location is pretty good too, just off the main road I couldn't hear any traffic at night. There are night markets to wander through every night.

A food court about 2 minutes from the door with heaps of different styles of food, all very cheap. The local bus stop is 30 seconds away, so you can get to things like the national park or Georgetown really easily. ATM, KFC, McDonalds, restaurants and massage are all no more than 5 minutes from the door... and the beach is across the road and down a short path!

The common area is great to meet other people and sit or you can stretch out in a hammock.

I don't think the staff could be any more awesome. Friendliest people I've met while I've been travelling. I wasn't feeling that good for a few days and they went and got me some medicine which fixed me up. Ordered me food for delivery. Told me places to visit. Shops where I could buy things cheaper. Drove me to the airport at 4am!

I wouldn't even look anywhere else to stay. Glad I stayed with them!

• Stayed December 2012
39 Thank PlanetBender
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Definitely not the place for me. Set up Is more like a bad homestay. Bathroom drains smelt terrible, water leak in bathroom not fixed -instead the solution was to turn off the water?!. Dirty kitchen area. Music from 'sound room' blaring most of the time. I know the family live here but the children run a riot most of the time and the other guy (with The long hair has friends round all the time, jamming.) this particular guy is sick at the moment, perhaps with the flu and keeps coming into the dorm and common areas coughing etc, not good. dorm very dirty, didn't appear to be cleaned very often.  On the plus side it is Close to the beach, national Park and food Court. The main guy that runs the place is friendly enough. Overall expensive for the money.

3 Thank Footsteps2012
Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The good - The location is about the only thing I appreciated from this place. It's right behind HappyMart and a 2 minute walk to the beach. The bed and pillows were new and comfortable and the rooms were decorated nicely.

The not so good - This guesthouse is on a very small narrow block, with rooms running parallel to the property line in two rows. They have packed as much as they can into this little space and there is no space left. That means everything is small, the rooms are small, the lounge area/kitchen/bar is small, and the bathrooms available are not adequate for the number of people.

When I was there it was (November) stifling hot, the room had no outside window, no air conditioning, just a ceiling fan that could do nothing but move the hot air around, even at night the room was still so hot I had to wet a towel to cool off so I could sleep. The air conditioned rooms would be better than the fan.

The last thing, there are no power outlets in the room, this is very very annoying. If you have work to do or need to charge something you have to go to the lounge area, it's not so bad at during the day, but at night this area is a popular drinking spot for the guests. So it's a little hard to get anything done there. Also wifi is so slow and there should be no excuses for bad wifi in Malaysia.

Overall this place was not for me because of the reasons mentioned. But if you are a young or young at heart, single, male, traveling alone, wanting to meet people, and don't care about your room, this place would suit you.

Room Tip: Get the air conditioning