“Great food and the best ever sour sop slushies!”
Review of Helena's Cafe

Helena's Cafe
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Description: Helena Cafe We Serve Since 1790 Thank You For all Support During all Years And Our Return Guest Every Year. Keep Supporting Us.God Bless.
Perth, Australia
“Great food and the best ever sour sop slushies!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Helena's Cafe is fantastic.
Every time I have visited Penang I go there and have steamboat and it is always fantastic - and they even remember myself, husband and my friends!!
They also make the best sour sop slushies which are so refreshing and I have never found them anywhere else in Malaysia!
Thankyou again, we will certainly be back soon!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank KerrylLovesMalaysia

Brisbane, Australia
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great food and service. We went back two times as we enjoyed it so much. It was slightly more expensive but worth it.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Susan B
“Good value”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I'd highly recommend the Indian chicken curry! The food is good value with a strong Indian Malaysian influence.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Amy C
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have made Helena's a daily lunch stop with my son for all of my visits to Penang since I first found this great place years ago. We stay at the Park Royal so it is only a short walk down the street. My family found the staff attentive and personable and they even invited us for a free Christmas dinner! My favourites are the mutton curry and crab sandwiches along with many others. The owners made us feel so welcome and Anna is a champion in the kitchen. We have sent friends there and they also have become regulars. We will definite return and I will post our pictures with the staff and my son soon. Great value for money.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank mark_o134
Cumbria
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We chose Helena's because of good Tripadvisor reviews, but were very disappointed. The service was very slow and inattentive and the food bland and disappointing.

Visited December 2012