“Relaxed”

Living Room Cafe Bar & Gallery
Cuisines: Asian, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Went there for breakfast- they serve a mean omelette. If it's not listed, you can request your preference.The fresh coffee and freshly squeezed juice was excellent too hence we stayed and had several. This rolled into luchtime so we ended up having luch there. The menu had an excellent variety from Western to local dishes so I opted for a local dish with rice. I was asked the level of spiciness I wanted the dish so it was adjusted to my request.
This is a very relaxed place to pass time and see the world go by. The proprietors are very welcoming and friendly and the kitchen was spotless hen I walked through it to go to the back to use the bathroom, which was also very clean.

2  Thank Yesmin M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Three times twice the food was great third time was disappointing but this was probably just the choice of dish, friendly staff and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We ate here three times as we found the food to be excellent, we didn't interract with the owners, but found the service friendly and efficient. The Beef Rendang is particularly good. It was busy every time we went and food always arrived within 10 minutes of ordering, hot, fresh and tasty.

The seating / tables are basic, but there is a warm / busy atmosphere - coupled with great tasting food. Recommended.

1  Thank KrisSurrey
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is my third year if going to this amazing place. Stay with a friend in batu every November and she always takes us to the living room. The food is fantastic, very affordable and Amy and Ben, the locals that own it are the nicest people you could come across.

We have had many lunches and dinners here and the food has always been fantastic and they have a great range if wines and cold cold beers. Give them a visit you will not be disappointed

2  Thank sistersouthwest
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I recently completed a road trip of Malaysia with three nights at the Lone Pine Hotel (I'll review separately, but a great place to stay) in Batu Ferringhi. The evenings were wet and so we didn't want to stray too far from the hotel for our evening meals. Having eaten well at the hawker court next door to the hotel for two nights running we decided we'd like to try somewhere different for our last night on Penang island and, indeed, in Malaysia. We found the Living Room on Tripadvisor and have to say it certainly lived up to the great reviews on here. It's a relatively small place with seating for maybe 30 people at the front and a bar at the rear. The sewing machine bases used as tables and decor all add to a quirky charm that instantly made the restaurant warm and inviting. A number of people on here have commented on the hosts and I have to confess that we didn't really interact with them much at all. We simply enjoyed a truly delicious meal that proved to be one of the culinary high spots of our trip. Based on recommendations on here, we went with the beef rendang and capitan chicken, plus a special that I can't remember the name of but that comprised prawn balls in a crispy batter with a hot and sweet sticky sauce. Fantastic. If you are in Batu Ferringhi and like great Malaysian food at ridiculously low prices, the Living Room is a must!

2  Thank Scott W