“Food Court”

Long Beach
Cuisines: Malaysian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Long Beach is a collection of street stalls surrounding the sitting area. It is located outside and offers many cuisines including Malaysian. In the area there are not so many restaurants offering Malay food so I thought it appropiate to add this 'restaurant' to the listings, although most would probably not class it as a conventional one!
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Every different style of Asian food there you could wish for and all excellent. The fish and Tandoori were my favourites and the beer of course

Write a ReviewReviews (2,296)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We went to long beach 4 times during our family holiday in Penang. This place is a food paradise and also quite cheap. There is a vast array of different food that you can choose from here and also different size dishes, so you can try lots of different flavours of food.
It is quite easy to work things out and place orders, just remember your table number.
I would reccomend the teppanyaki stall, the fish stall (in the corner), curry stall next to the fish stall, and the sizzling prawn / chicken stall.
Also there is a lady on a stall as you walk in on the right hand side who sells pancakes, which are to die for and extremely nice, with different toppings to choose from.
There is also food for children to eat, my 4 year old twin daughters did try quite a lot of different food like noodles etc but sometimes they had a traditional pizza.
If you want to try the different food that is on offer in Penang, this is a great place to start.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Wish we had been brave enough to try this the first night, yum is all I can say. My partner and I just loved it.
I'll tell you how it works as we were very confused.
You go in select a table and sit down, staff will come around and you order your drinks through them.
You then go to the stall of your choice and order what you would like and tell them your table number. Return to your table and wait when they come with the food or drinks you pay them directly at your table (try and have a lot of small change on you it's easier then worrying about change)
Do try the Char Keow and the pizza is yum. My favourite was the pancakes OMG best pancakes I've ever had still dreaming about them. Don't waste your time in the yuck restaurants around the area (we went to them the first few nights and kicked ourselves we didnt discover this place earlier). You can have something different every night and its super cheap.

2  Thank MelisaP779
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We ate here most evenings.
The best place for a great array of dining options.
Find a table, order at stalls, quote table number, pay when it arrives. The drinks ladies will come to your table for drink orders. (Thank you Akim! xo) Remember to tip your waitresses.
My favourites, satay man, fried oyster, garlic fish, chicken curry with roti and Pancake Queen!
Thanks for all the excellent food guys!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is our 3rd trip to Penang and Decided it was time to be a bit more 'adventurous' and try places outside of the hotel and the 'larger' venues. The long beach food was amazing! service was quick, it was amazingly cheap and food was great quality. we have a few more nights here and will definitely revisit.