“Fantastic Food & Soooooo Cheap”
Review of Long Beach

Long Beach
Cuisines: Malaysian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Long Beach is a collection of street stalls surrounding the sitting area. It is located outside and offers many cuisines including Malaysian. In the area there are not so many restaurants offering Malay food so I thought it appropiate to add this 'restaurant' to the listings, although most would probably not class it as a conventional one!
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Husband and I got back from our holiday in KL/Penang a couple of days ago and we already miss the food from this Hawkers market. We absolutely loved it and couldn't believe how cheap it all was - really delicious too. I am giving it a five star for the food - great variety, delicious and cheap. We were nervous at first about the cleanliness of it all but neither of us had any trouble with tummy bugs. We ate here every night. I initially steered right away from the fruit drinks as I was worried about any (unsafe) water that might have been added to them but on the third night I did have an orange juice and it even had ice in it - I was fine! My favourite food here was the Char Kway Teow ($2AUD a plate) - a local Penang noodle specialty - I have since investigated the recipe online so that I can cook it myself - or at least try to! My husband loved it too and he said it was as good as, if not better than, the one he had at the Golden Sands. Other favourites of ours were the Indian chicken Samoosa (less than $2AUD for two large ones), roti with curry chicken and Roti with banana or pineapple (and possibly chocolate sauce) and ice-cream for most of our desserts.

Some people have complained about the toilets here and I believe them when they say how disgusting they were. Each night we came straight from our hotel (Golden Sands) so we had no need to visit the rest rooms - I am really glad of that as I'd had enough of filthy toiltes by the time I boarded our return flight home. The ones at the airport (the 2ndary domestic/Air Asia one) were really putrid and I literally felt nauseous after one visit. I didn't take toilets into account in my rating - just rated the food which we couldn't fault!

There are newer reviews for Long Beach

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Long Beach was great, pick at table with a number first, pick your food. They deliver the food to you. The mix of food was great, Middle Eastern, Asian, Chinese, Indian, Malay, Western, Indian.
Great hot food, inexpensive prices, cold Beer, great people serving and good atmosphere.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Ate here most of the time last year as it was so good, but after two nights of rather disappointing meals decided to eat at other restaurants. In fact we had cheaper meals at the Golden River which I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

There is quite a few selection of hawkers here, ranging from Malaysian, Chinese, Indian, etc. The first time we went it was around Chinese New Year and so quite a few hawkers were closed, we enjoyed the fresh juices at 2.50 RM, Hokkien Mee was also very authentic, we chose several variety of food to try and enjoyed most of it. They also had Western food, like Sandwiches for around 7 RM+, Pizza for 10 RM+. We went quite early as others have mentioned it can get crowded after 7:30, and true enough when we went around 6:30, we had our pick of table, but afterwards, it was very crowded. So do go early.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Ate there twice and wish we could eat there again and again. So much to choose from and all freshly made. Try the chilli prawns at any of the stall which will make them. Really superb...

2  Thank NadandNil1909