Hard Rock Hotel Penang
Lone Pine Hotel(Batu Ferringhi)
$98
$93
Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa(Batu Ferringhi)
$151
$136
Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La(Batu Ferringhi)
$113
$105
Agoda.com
$108
$91
Holiday Inn Resort Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$79
$67
Trip.com
Bayview Beach Resort(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$63
$47
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Breakfast included
Rasa Motel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$18
D'Feringghi Haus(Batu Ferringhi)
$37
$33
$18
5,354 results
All reviewslagoon roomfree moviesstarz dinerfoam partykings clubdirect access to the poollive bandswimming poolkids suitewater slideskids clubswim up bargreat poolfamily hotelnight marketf bwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2013

While the rooms were quite good, we encountered an unpleasant event during our stay. While we were still asleep at about 9.20am, the housekeeping lady kept ringing our doorbell. Even when we told her to "come back later" she still insisted to come in and rang the doorbell again. My husband annoyed at this behaviour then opened the door for her, and she told us that she wanted to check the mini bar. AT 9.20am in the morning when guests were still asleep!

I'm not sure if this is standard practice, but when we asked her why did she need to check the mini bar at this time, she told us rudely "BUT IT'S ALREADY 9.20". As guests we were really appalled at such bad behaviour by the housekeeping staff. What if we were doing other things and not sleeping? How rude!

The buffet breakfast spread was just so-so. I've had much better at other hotels. Save your cash and head to the city for local food instead :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucia W
Reviewed March 4, 2013

we stayed for 3days and 2 nights in this hotel and i must say food was great, great selection for western and asian cuisine. Unfortunately, the service rendered by hotel staffs were below expectations. Housekeeping failed to give us the items we requested during make up room even if we left a note in bold letters and placed it where they can clearly see and notice it. Furthermore, had to call room service for the nth time but to no avail nobody picked up. I had to call reception to inform room service to give me call back. It took 15 mins for an ice bucket for them to deliver. Staffs were not willing to go the extra mile for their guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kurochan26
Reviewed March 1, 2013

During my stay in Penang I spent some evenings in the Hard Rock Cafe listening to 'Splitfire' live band although I went alone many people were dancing the night away and this made a refreshing change for evening entertainment and to enjoy one of Hard Rock's cocktails which although are quite expensive are very well presented

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent hotel with good beach and excellent swimming pool with fun pool and good facilities for young children. We had a lagoon rooms which is connected directly to the swimming pool through back door of the room. Direct excess to Batu Firrengi beach from back of the hotel. Excellent breakfast with lots of choices.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in February 2013.

What I liked:
• Very nice room with tasteful décor
• A private balcony with chairs
• Plenty of bathroom amenities
• Great staff (especially at the king’s club)
• Plenty of dining options
• Sand bar (however quite expensive)
• Amazing swimming pool
• Atmosphere at the king’s club
• It was one of those places where you have all the different things you need and there is no need to leave the hotel
• Great breakfast

What could be improved:
• The in-room safe was clearly too small. I could not fit my camera in it. Even dismounting the lens did not help

Personally I find this hotel quite expensive (especially when taking into account not only accommodation cost, but also restaurant prices, drinks at the sand bar and so on), but somewhat worth the price (especially due to things like the tasty breakfast at the balcony of the king’s club, great staff going the extra mile to make guests happy and so on). I am not sure if this would be my first choice if I am ever back to Penang, but most definitely it deserves a try.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo