Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa(Batu Ferringhi)
$183
Lone Pine Hotel(Batu Ferringhi)
$101
$97
Holiday Inn Resort Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La(Batu Ferringhi)
$147
$120
$103
PARKROYALhotels
Bayview Beach Resort(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$82
$62
Baba Guesthouse(Batu Ferringhi)
$15
$12
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Roomies Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$32
$24
Agoda.com
Bayu Emas Apartments(Batu Ferringhi)
$73
Priceline
  • Pool
5,757 results
All reviewslagoon roomfree moviesstarz dinerfoam partykings clubteens clubdirect access to the poollive bandseaview deluxe roomswimming poolkids suitewater slidesswim up barnight marketgreat poolgreat for kidsfamily hotel
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The most amazing hotel experience we've had!

Stayed here with young children and initially stayed in a family room. We found the room itself great but we could hear every sound through the interconnecting door. The staff were so helpful and upgraded us to a much quieter room.

We included the Kings Club in our package, an absolute must and what really made our stay memorable and personalised. The breakfast in the Kings Club was the most amazing breakfast ever! I'm not sure I'll ever experience more devine poached eggs or french toast, truly heavenly!!

The staff in the Kings Club were fantastic!! Our children and us were really made to feel like rock stars. The staff would play games with our kids while we finished eating our breakfast.

We also enjoyed a delicious array of afternoon tea goodies and pre dinner canapes each day.... but the best part was the included cocktails each evening!! Love, love, love!!

Now for the hotel... the pools are amazing!! The water slides are the absolute best!! Couldn't get my kids out of the pool.

The kids club was a bit average, wouldn't really recommend it, or at least my kids didn't enjoy it.

Before we went, I was worried about the location, people had said it was too far away but I didn't find this to be the case at all. In the evening we caught the free shuttle from the hotel to the Long Beach Hawkers Cafe, this was a great service. It rained a lot during out stay and the bus driver looked out for us to bring us back to the hotel. We also got a rik shaw back one night and walked another night, it really wasn't far.

Across the road is a convenience store to get basic supplies and also do your laundry (much cheaper than the hotel prices). There is a place offering massage across the road and slightly down the road, both very handy.

But the Rockspa at the hotel is fabulous! I had the most amazing facial. My husband and I also a terrific foot massage. Very friendly and helpful staff.

We also met the General Manager, the director of the cafe, director of food and beverage etc and they were all very friendly and helpful. Very down to earth and welcoming.

So much more to say but I'm sure you get the idea... LOVED it!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Family_Cat_of2
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We arrived at the Hard Rock Hotel Penang on Christmas day after flying in from Langkawi, on arrival it looks very cool and is very busy and buzzy. Check in was very quick and soft drinks were given complimentary. Our children are 16 and 20 and we wanted to be on the same floor as them but unfortunately they couldnt give us this option or did they try to see if they could re organise anything. We had a lagoon room meaning when you go out to your balcony you have a sun deck and steps going straight out into the pool. Initially its great but actually its not private at all and you have to keep your curtains close otherwise people can sunbathe opposite your room and see straight in. Another thing I found was that kids used to run onto our sun deck when we werent outside and dive off it, really annoying! Our kids were put on the other side of the hotel on the 2nd floor, couldnt get much further away so that wasnt great! The pool is very spacious and there is a large side of it where there are water slides and splash pools for the younger kids. This is very noisy during the day and you cannot lie on the beach as there are no sun chairs and the sea has jelly fish in, there are warning signs of this before you try out any of the water sports, which we didnt do as we were too afraid! Every day that we were there, which was for five days, we found it near impossible to get sun chairs as people seem to get up at some ridiculous hour and save all the chairs, clearly there is a problem within the amount of chairs they have for the hotel, plus they are incredibly uncomfortable. There are three restaurants, the pizza one by the pool was our favourite although two days running they had run out of chocolate icecream for milkshakes, tomatoes for bruchetta and rocket for salad, not a well run restaurant! You can have breakfast here in the mornings too which I highly recommend. The Hard Rock restaurant itself, the food is very average, the best bit is the entertainment in the evening with live bands playing. We ate there our first night but never went again as it was so poor. There are night markets up the road where you can buy souvenirs and copy bags and jewellery which is all quite fun. There are lots of lovely restaurants outside the hotel which are great value and excellent food. The hotel I would say is really for young families and for not more than two days stay as its too loud. The rooms are nice and clean however the bathrooms are tiny its like going into a wardrobe for a shower. In all an average hotel, I think they could make quite a few changes to improve the guests stay. I do recommend the spa however that was first class.

Room Tip: Make sure you ring ahead to choose your room so that you get the best choice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank suzi k
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had a hard time booking through AirAsia. It seems that the CSR couldn't understand what we were inquiring. It took a loooooong time before we sorted the queries.

It was also our first trip outside KL, our first domestic flight, our first beach holiday in MY.. A lot of first happening but the adventure was worth it.

Although we had to wait for our rooms to be ready, our eyes were simply occupied with the interior and setup. Taking note of the designs, memorabilia around, the pool, etc.

The staff was accommodating and friendly.

Although the beach was not what we expected.. The waters were a bit murky.. We don't know if it was just the season.. But the sunset was gorgeous! We really loved watching the sunset. So if you are with you love one, I highly recommend you to watch it.

If you are a foreigner and a little adventurous, you may want to try the food outside the hotel. Across the other hotel passed the bridge, there is this canteen type restaurant that serves really good Thai food in big servings.

Chillin' by the pool with drinks was great. There was even some games like volleyball being setup for the guest.

They also had a band playing funky cool music and have foam party on Friday.

Would love to come back and now at least I know how to book with AirAsia.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2011

The Hotel itself is very well decorated, neat, clean and the staff are very friendly and nice. We checked in at 3pm but only got our room at 4 30 pm. During this 1 1/2 hours , there are staff who helped to kill time with games and gifts for the kids.
The swimming pool is real impressive. It's big with kids slide and the other side it's some sort of like a man made beach with sand in the pool. The surrounding is relaxing.
The beach is also good . You can have water sports like skiing , paragliding, boat ride, horse riding at the beach. But charges are expensive.
Room is spacious but only thing is the bed and toilet is small. Breakfast is ok only. Not much choice .
Rock shop.Too and main rock shop staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
Thanks to all the staff who made this place fun and rocking. They are all well trained.
Will definitely return on my next trip to Penang.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room. We stayed at room 221 . It was directly facing the kids pool. It was good. The kids love it and they had rocking fun. We would definitely want to rock here again in the Lagoon deluxe room :) hope to see more different additional things on my next visit.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimmozieto
Reviewed December 23, 2011

i first review in 2010 is different from my second. had bad impressions during my first visit but all that changed in my second visit. my husband and i booked for the sea view but were upgraded to the lagoon deluxe as we had the hard rock membership card. the lagoon rooms ROCK!! the band at the hotel was awesome!!! and the band at the cafe rock too!!!!!! we had a good holiday and loved the lagoon rooms which allowed us to jump into the pool from our rooms. i also visited the rock spa. not the best but good enough to give you a relaxed holiday.. will be back again!!! sooner than later i hope

Room Tip: lagoon rooms are the best. stayed at the sea view before and not so good. choose lagoon rooms as far as possible for privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple