Hard Rock Hotel Penang
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bayview Beach Resort(Batu Ferringhi)
D'Feringghi Haus(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Lone Pine Hotel(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa(Batu Ferringhi)
View Hotel
Rasa Motel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)
  • Breakfast included
5,338 results
All reviewslagoon roomfree moviesstarz dinerfoam partykings clubdirect access to the poollive bandswimming poolkids suitewater slideskids clubswim up bargreat poolfamily hotelnight marketf bwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2011

It was definitely a new experience. The staff there all seemed like they were ready to party, carribean style. We got the hotel on a mystery hotel promo and when we found out, we asked to add on King's Club at around RM140++? It was worth it as they were extra busy and we wanted the privacy of having breakfast and time in the lounge. However, the food (afternoon tea and cocktails) were quite disappointing really. Even the breakfast ran out of hashbrowns which I feel is a basic breakfast dish. The drinks were good and the magazines and the view from the lounge made it worthwhile. Hopefully they will work on the refreshments. The pool was nice and the slides were fun but extremely crowded as many locals apparently join the club to bring their families. Monday was much better but they had the biggest slide closed for maintainence half the day!:( great place for kids and those young at heart as we surveyed the teens club (pool table) and kids club (mini playground) also the water playground. The fitness center also had a great view of the lagoon pool. Great for a family vacation in the future. the bands playing then were just mediocre and some of the plugs in our room were spoilt but it did not bother us much as we did not need to use them. Probably needs some maintainence.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stayed for 8 nights in this amazing hotel. Very relaxed atmosphere where staff couldn't do enough for you. From check in to check out we found a consistent level of quality service across a wide range of staff that we dealt with.
The lagoon swim out rooms are sensational, and offer a very convenient and private way to enjoy this superb pool. Ipod docks in the rooms allow you to play your own load music whilst swimming in the pool and other quests seem to appreciate this.
We enjoyed the Kings Club each day, with a great choice of breakfast options and enjoyed cocktails on the balcony in the evening. I've stayed at many hotels with Club facilities and this is one of the best. Quin and the other staff in the Kings Club treat you like royalty.
Free high speed wireless throughout the hotel keeps you connected to the outside world.
Overall I felt more relaxed at this Hotel then most other hotels I've stayed at. This hotel seeks to provide you with more of an experience than just a hotel stay and this was the key to one of the best holidays I've had.

Room Tip: Deluxe Lagoon room will add value to your stay
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Greevo1
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Things do go wrong but how you react to it is what makes or breaks a any service driven business.
The positive : we did find the food of high quality, although on one lunch time it took 40 min to get Pizza at the Pizzaria restaurant. Staff at times were quite good.
Things did go pear shape:
Day1. Our daughter cut her feet and had a tiny splinter lodged while walking at the pool side sand. There was no staff was trained for first aid and they tried to remove splinter with a nail cutter. We were told to take taxi and male our way to nearby doctor. After my wife complained about lack of first aid and service they arranged for and paid for taxi. Daughter was given local anaesthetic to have her splinter removed and went on antibiotics.
Day 2: pointed out to manager of broken bed side reading light, TV remote not working so had the pleasure of a single channel, iPod station not working. Hotel response none.
Day 3: room was not cleaned by 6:30 pm when we returned to room, were told they were too busy and well get to it when they could. Asked for towels so we could have showers, it took 30 mins to get housekeeping to deliver.
Day 4. Found pool side staff rude and obnoxious when asked for extra towels.
Hard (rock) Luck Hotel is at the bottom of the hotels we have stayed in.
Our experience was not good to say the least. There is no way this hotel should ever be given a 4 Star rating, do compare it with a 3 star due to view, pool and food otherwise it is a 2 star.
Would not recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SunilB
Shane2011, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear SunilB,

Thank you for your detailed and valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. You are absolutely correct, things do go wrong from time to time and it is how you react to those situations that differentiates us.

We pride ourselves on the ability to rebound from the odd hickup and I sincerely regret that we failed you during your stay. I wish you had bought these issues up with us whilst in-house so we could have had a chance to discuss with you personally and provide service recovery.

Rest assured we have taken your feedback seriously and followed up each of your issues with the appropriate departments. I should note that we also take guest safety very seriously and as such have many first aid trained staff, available around the clock to attend to guest needs as required.

I apologise for your poor experience with us which have learnt from and can only hope that you provide us the opportunity to welcome you back to restore your faith in us. Feel free to contact me directly.

Rockin' regards,

Shane Coates
Executive Assistant Manager
Hard Rock Hotel Penang

Reviewed April 12, 2011

My wife and I spent 8 weeks in a seaview room overlooking the quieter end of the Hotel. This was our second annual visit to the hotel also for 8 weeks and we saw lots of improvements from our first visit. The staff overall were extremely pleasant and helpful and we had few if any complaints.I sufferred an accident which was entirely my own fault but I commend the staff for the care and attention I received during nearly six weeks in a wheelchair. One point I would make is that in my opinion hotel residents would benefit from the appointment of a Customer Services manager or supervisor to whom suggestions, complaints and the like could be reported to. All in all a great hotel and my wife and I are already booked to return in January 2012 for a third visit so surely that says it all.A bit noisy at times particularly holidays and weekends but the noise is not unbearable .The hotel is well managed and the senior staff are very accommodating.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frankiehibee
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stay in Penang hard rock hotel for 2 nights with my partner. Check-in process was fast and welcome drink served promptly.

The room is spacious and clean. Love the bed with 5 pillows. Water pressure is good during shower, amenities in room is great.

The band in hard rock cafe is a bit dissappointing but overall we had a great time there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple