“Great food and excellent service”
Review of The Rambling Rose

The Rambling Rose
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Montagu
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Rambling Rose is set on the scenic Route 62, a large parking lot makes it very easy for travellers with large vehicles, little kids or large groups to stop safely. The farmshop boosts a selection of home made jams, preserves, rusks, biscuits and chocolates. Cafe Artesia our bakery - bakes artisanal breads every Saturday and Sunday. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating with a warm fire going in the chilly winter. A wishing well provides great entertainment for the kids.Breakfast is served untill 4pm, lunch menu is displayed on chalk boards as it changes according to season, and what is growing on the farm. All cakes, croissants and muffins are hand made on site and are worth a try! Coffee is our thing - we only serve Origin Coffee and have five trained Baristas on site!The Rambling Rose is a family run business and food and service is our passion - we look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had breakfast here and the staff and management are friendly, efficient and personable and the food was fantastic. I would definitely come here again when I'm in Montagu next

2  Thank Missy_Fer
There are newer reviews for The Rambling Rose

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I never make time to write reviews on restaurants but The Rambling Rose is not just a restaurant. The owners Sergio and his Fiancé (the chef) have now on 2 occasions given us the most amazing service and food. The beers were just right temperature; in fact any colder would have been frozen. After lunch Sergio took us for a walk and showed my daughter the lambs, sheep, and his vegetable garden. My 4 year old was amazed that all the Veggies she ate the day came from Sergio’s Garden. When we left Sergio graced us with a nice big pumpkin to take home and some figs. My daughter threw her last 2 rand into the wishing well and made a wish.
Next time you drive through Montugu do yourself a favour stop at The Rambling Rose!!!!

3  Thank Sheldon V
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped of for lunch at The Rambling Rose and were blown away by the delicious food, and friendly, very helpful staff. Service was impeccable as was the food. The atmosphere was peaceful and tranquil yet beautiful. I definetly recommend this restaurant if you in Montagu for a wide variety of home-made products and fantastic mouth watering food.

2  Thank Migs007
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Absolutley delightful. The owners are brimming with passion for the food they serve here.

We were lucky enough to persuade the owner into letting us eat with them on one of their monthly special events - mostly for locals - unfortunately we could not try the paella but were able to order anything from their standard lunch menu. My wife is a vegetarian and couldn't praise the food enough. I had the meat lasagne which was gorgeous. The service was also brilliant. We bought some of their home made pesto and had this back in the UK - it was better than any we have tried in Italy.

Try it for yourself...you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank babypops
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had four crayfish tails with salad and chips for R140. Fabulous! The service was great.Nice ambience.All the sauces are homemade.Absolutely delicious!

2  Thank Carol V