“Good food but .....”

The Mystic Tin
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Montagu
Cuisines: African, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As the evening draws near The Mystic Tin lights up in candle light and our chef prepares a local, International and African cuisine with venison, curries, oxtail and beautiful vegetables.The restaurant is rustic, yet stylish with a warm ambience, local artwork, soft background instrumental music and a fireplace for the cooler evenings.The bar offers coffee, local wines, beers as well as other drinks. Opening hours:11 am till 9 pm, Sundays closed.Fully licensed. Credit Card facilities available.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We couldn't fault the food but the service was slow and shambolic to say the least! When we asked for the bill it didn't arrive after about 15 mins (the place wasn't busy) so we went to the desk to pay and they had no record of our order - had to ask us what we had eaten!!!!!! It's a shame because what we ate was good but we didn't bother returning during our stay as we had such a long wait not just for the bill but for anyone to take our order and then for the food to come.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Enjoyed my first evening here so much that I retruned the following night. Lovely, friendly staff, super food and great value. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Mystic Tin in Montagu is very good, you must book though as they are mostly full. They have moved their outside seating to the front of the restaurant which is a pity it was much nicer at the back where it was more private. Service is a bit of an issue, they always seem to be running arund like headless chickens. Food is excellent but HUGE portions. no need for so much food, hence no space for dessert or coffee.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Enjoy the soft Beef with delicious Amarula-Sauce in the garden in the back of the restaurant. A lovely place totally to recommend. And very reasonable prices!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have just spent 3 weeks in Montagu dining at a range of restaurants in the town. Without a shadow of doubt The Mystic Tin is quickly taking over as the leading restaurant in Montagu, and rightly so. The food is spectacular, Terence and his family who own the establishment, which includes B&B accommodation, are doing great things here. The new Chef is creating some stunning dishes, I tried quite a range of them, both the 'Specials' and from the normal menu, and I must add, a range of perfectly cooked and selected vegetables to match the dish you select. Everything perfectly cooked and importantly, exactly as you have ordered! I have dined in many super restaurants around the world and the food I have just enjoyed at The Mystic Tin is up with the best. It is also important to say also that the service, on every occasion I visited was impeccable, timing of courses was spot on for meals of such a high standard.

Well Done Terence and everyone involved at the Mystic Tin, thank you for some simply stunning dining. I'll be back!